Desorption electrospray ionization using an Orbitrap mass spectrometer: exact mass measurements on drugs and peptides
Article first published online: 19 OCT 2006
Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry
Volume 20, Issue 22, pages 3403–3408, 30 November 2006
How to Cite
Hu, Q., Talaty, N., Noll, R. J. and Cooks, R. G. (2006), Desorption electrospray ionization using an Orbitrap mass spectrometer: exact mass measurements on drugs and peptides. Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom., 20: 3403–3408. doi: 10.1002/rcm.2757
- Issue published online: 19 OCT 2006
- Article first published online: 19 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 22 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Received: 24 AUG 2006
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: CHE-0216239
- Office of Naval Research. Grant Number: N00014-02-0834
- Thermo Electron Corporation
Desorption electrospray ionization (DESI) is implemented on an Orbitrap mass spectrometer. The ion source is described and applications which utilize the high-resolution capabilities of the Orbitrap are emphasized, including the characterization of peptides and active ingredients in pharmaceutical tablets. Measurements are made in less than 1 s at a resolution of 60 000. The implications of the data for the mechanisms of DESI are discussed. Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.