A global observer for autonomous systems with bounded trajectories
Article first published online: 3 JAN 2007
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control
Volume 17, Issue 12, pages 1088–1105, August 2007
How to Cite
Lei, H., Wei, J. and Lin, W. (2007), A global observer for autonomous systems with bounded trajectories. Int. J. Robust Nonlinear Control, 17: 1088–1105. doi: 10.1002/rnc.1161
- Issue published online: 27 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 3 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 9 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Received: 19 SEP 2005
- NSF. Grant Numbers: DMS-0203387, ECS-0400413
- Air Force Research Laboratory. Grant Number: FA8651-05-C-0110
The problem of global observer design for autonomous systems is investigated in this paper. A constructive approach is presented for the explicit design of global observers for completely observable systems whose solution trajectories are bounded from any initial condition. Since the bound of a solution trajectory depends on the initial condition and is therefore not known a priori, the idea of universal control is employed to tune the observer gains on-line, achieving global asymptotic convergence of the proposed high-gain observer. Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.