La Raison Scolaire: École et Pratiques d'Écriture, Entre Savoir et Pouvoir [The Logic of Schooling: School and −Literacy Practices Between Knowledge and Power]. . 2008. Rennes, France: Presses −Universitaires de Rennes. 190 pp. Softcover. ISBN 978-2753505834. €18.00.
Essay Book Review
Paradoxes in French-Language Instruction: Recent Social and Historical Research on Literacy in France
Article first published online: 2 JUL 2012
© 2012 International Reading Association
Reading Research Quarterly
Volume 47, Issue 3, pages 328–341, July/August/September 2012
How to Cite
Rockwell, E. and Galvão, A. M. (2012), Paradoxes in French-Language Instruction: Recent Social and Historical Research on Literacy in France. Reading Research Quarterly, 47: 328–341. doi: 10.1002/rrq.023
Histoire de l'Enseignement du Français du XVIIe au XXe Siècle [The History of the Teaching of French From the 17th to the 20th Centuries]. . 2006. Paris: Retz. 832 pp. Hardback. ISBN 978-2725626055. €48.50. Softcover. ISBN 978-2725628028. €20.50.
L'École et la Lecture Obligatoire: Histoire et Paradoxes des Pratiques d'Enseignement de la Lecture [−Schooling and Compulsory Reading: History and Paradoxes of Reading Instruction Practices]. . 2007. Paris: Retz. 351 pp. Softcover. ISBN 978-2725624884. €21.00.
- Issue published online: 2 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 2 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!