This research was conducted as part of the Urban EcoLab project.
Scientific discourse in three urban classrooms: The role of the teacher in engaging high school students in argumentation†
Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 94, Issue 2, pages 203–229, March 2010
How to Cite
McNeill, K. L. and Pimentel, D. S. (2010), Scientific discourse in three urban classrooms: The role of the teacher in engaging high school students in argumentation. Sci. Ed., 94: 203–229. doi: 10.1002/sce.20364
Any opinions expressed in this work are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent either those of the funding agency or Boston College.
- Issue online: 4 FEB 2010
- Version of Record online: 27 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Revised: 7 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 8 JAN 2009
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: ESI 0607010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!