This article was published online on 17 March 2011. Subsequently, it was determined that the title of the Seiler 2011 reference was incorrect, and the article was corrected on 31 May 2011.
Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 95, Issue 5, pages 824–851, September 2011
How to Cite
Varelas, M., Kane, J. M. and Wylie, C. D. (2011), Young African American children's representations of self, science, and school: Making sense of difference. Sci. Ed., 95: 824–851. doi: 10.1002/sce.20447
A version of this paper was presented at the annual conference of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching, Philadelphia, PA, March 21–24, 2010.
The data presented, statements made, and views expressed in this article are solely the responsibilities of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of UIC's Great Cities Institute or the Polk Bros. Foundation
- Issue online: 5 AUG 2011
- Version of Record online: 17 MAR 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 3 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 2 JUL 2010
- University of Illinois at Chicago Great Cities Institute (to Maria Varelas)
- Polk Bros. Foundation
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!