The research reported in this paper was conducted as part of the study Effects of Content-Focused and Practice-Based Professional Development Models on Teacher Knowledge, Classroom Practice, and Student Learning.
Teachers learning from professional development in elementary science: Reciprocal relations between formative assessment and pedagogical content knowledge†
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 96, Issue 2, pages 265–290, March 2012
How to Cite
Falk, A. (2012), Teachers learning from professional development in elementary science: Reciprocal relations between formative assessment and pedagogical content knowledge. Sci. Ed., 96: 265–290. doi: 10.1002/sce.20473
The study was a joint project of WestEd, Heller Research Associates and the University of California, Berkeley, California, and directed by Mayumi Shinohara, Joan I. Heller, and Judith Warren Little.
Accepted under the editorship of Gregory Kelly.
- Issue published online: 10 FEB 2012
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUL 2011
- Manuscript Received: 23 JUN 2010
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: NSF 04-568 TPC
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!