An earlier version of this paper was presented at the 2012 meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching in Indianapolis, IN.
Science Teacher Education
Preservice Elementary Teachers and Explanation Construction: Knowledge-for-Practice and Knowledge-in-Practice
Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 97, Issue 2, pages 310–330, March 2013
How to Cite
ZANGORI, L. and FORBES, C. T. (2013), Preservice Elementary Teachers and Explanation Construction: Knowledge-for-Practice and Knowledge-in-Practice. Sci. Ed., 97: 310–330. doi: 10.1002/sce.21052
Contract grant sponsor: Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust.
Contract grant sponsor: University of Iowa College of Education.
Contract grant sponsor: PECASE/CAREER Award, from the National Science Foundation.
Contract grant number: REC-0092610.
Contract grant sponsor: Center for Curriculum Materials in Science, a CLT grant, from the National Science Foundation.
Contract grant number: 0227557.
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors.
- Issue online: 12 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 12 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 MAY 2012
- Roy J. Carver Charitable Trust
- University of Iowa College of Education
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: REC-0092610
- National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 0227557
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!