Science Education Assessment Instruction
Stereotypic images of the scientist: The draw-a-scientist test
Article first published online: 22 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1983 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Volume 67, Issue 2, pages 255–265, April 1983
How to Cite
Chambers, D. W. (1983), Stereotypic images of the scientist: The draw-a-scientist test. Sci. Ed., 67: 255–265. doi: 10.1002/sce.3730670213
- Issue published online: 22 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 22 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 1982
- Deakin Universities
- Smithsonian Institution
- Art and visual perception. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1975.
- The attitudes of sixth-formers to science and scientists, Sch. Sci. Rev., 1969, 51, 174. , &
- Science and the social order. Glencoe: The Free Press, 1952.
- Pop science: the depiction of science in popular culture. In Science and its public, G.Holton and W.Blanpied (Eds.). Dordrecht, Holland: D. Reidel, 1976.
- The college-student image of the scientist, Science, 1961, 133, 997–1001. , &
- Some early tools of american science. Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1950.
- What is science for? Harmondsworth: Penguin, 1976.
- Benjamin Silliman. New York: Greenwood, 1969. , &
- Artful scribbles. New York: Basic Books, 1980.
- Attitudes to science: a review. Stud. Sci. Educ., 1975, 2, 1–41.
- Measurement of intelligence by drawings. New York: Harcourt Brace, 1926.
- Children's drawing. London: Open Books, 1977.
- Children's drawings as measures of intellectual maturity: A revision and extension of the Goodenough draw-a-man test. New York: Harcourt Brace, 1963.
- Analyzing children's art. Palo Alto: National Press Books, 1969.
- How children “see” scientists, Sci. Child., 1976, 14, 9–10.
- An experimental investigation into the attitudes of fifth grade students toward science, Sch. Sci. Math., 1967, 67, 569–579.
- The image of the scientist among high school students: a pilot study, Science, 1957, 126, 384–390. , &
- Mexican adolescents' image of the scientist, Soc. Stud. Sci., 1975, 5, 355–361.
- Elementary school children's perception of scientists, 1982, typescript. , &
- Caricatures of science. New Sci., 1970, 47, 382–384.