A version of this article was presented at the Australian Science Education Research Association annual conference held at Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, 1984. This version of the paper has benefited from the comments of our colleagues Bernice Goldmark and Susan Parker at Sonoma State University and from the suggestions of Pinchas Tamir of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel. We are grateful to Marilyn Chandler for typing the penultimate draft of this article.
Conceptual understanding and science learning: An interpretation of research within a sources-of-knowledge framework†
Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1986 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Volume 70, Issue 5, pages 583–604, October 1986
How to Cite
Pines, A. L. and West, L. H. T. (1986), Conceptual understanding and science learning: An interpretation of research within a sources-of-knowledge framework. Sci. Ed., 70: 583–604. doi: 10.1002/sce.3730700510
- Issue online: 22 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 AUG 1985
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!