Improvement on the fault-tolerant group key agreement protocol of Zhao et al.
Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
Volume 9, Issue 2, pages 166–170, 25 January 2016
How to Cite
2016) Improvement on the fault-tolerant group key agreement protocol of Zhao et al.. Security Comm. Networks, 9: 166–170. doi: 10.1002/sec.414.(
- Issue online: 28 DEC 2015
- Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 13 SEP 2011
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2011
- Priority Academic Program Development. Grant Number: 11KJB520015
- National Natural Science Foundation. Grant Number: 61073188
- China Postdoctoral Science Foundation. Grant Number: 20100471355
- Program for Excellent Talents. Grant Number: NY209014
- group key agreement protocol;
- RSA cryptosystem
In 2010, Zhao et al. proposed a fault-tolerant group key agreement protocol based on RSA cryptosystem. In their protocol, malicious participants can be detected in the fault detection phase. Thus, they do not disrupt the key agreement process. However, there exists a drawback in the protocol of Zhao et al. After two rounds of trying, an adversary can impersonate any other group member in the third round. We propose an improved protocol to overcome this drawback. The efficiency and security analysis of our improved protocol are also provided in detail. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.