Modeling and security analysis of enterprise network using attack–defense stochastic game Petri nets
Article first published online: 17 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 89–99, January 2013
How to Cite
Wang, Y., Li, J., Meng, K., Lin, C. and Cheng, X. (2013), Modeling and security analysis of enterprise network using attack–defense stochastic game Petri nets. Security Comm. Networks, 6: 89–99. doi: 10.1002/sec.535
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2012
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 60803123, 61173008, 60933005, 60873193
- Projects of Development Plan of the State High Technology Research. Grant Number: 2010AA012502
- attack–defense stochastic game Petri nets;
- enterprise network;
- security analysis
In this paper, we propose a novel modeling method attack–defense stochastic game Petri nets (or ADSGN) to model and analyze the security issues in enterprise network. We firstly give the definition and modeling method algorithm of ADSGN and then propose the algorithm of the strategy. The proposed ADSGN method is successfully applied to describe the attack and defense courses in the enterprise network. Finally, we analyze the mean time to first security breach and the mean time to security breach in the enterprise network quantifiably, and proved that our method can also be applied to other areas with respect to game issues. Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.