New public key cryptosystems based on non-Abelian factorization problems
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
Volume 6, Issue 7, pages 912–922, July 2013
How to Cite
Gu, L., Wang, L., Ota, K., Dong, M., Cao, Z. and Yang, Y. (2013), New public key cryptosystems based on non-Abelian factorization problems. Security Comm. Networks, 6: 912–922. doi: 10.1002/sec.710
- Issue published online: 21 JUN 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). Grant Numbers: 60973159, 61070251, 61103198
- NSFC A3 Foresight Program. Grant Number: 61161140320
- JSPS A3 Foresight Program
- public-key encryption;
- quantum attack resistant
Two novel public key encryption schemes based on the non-Abelian factorization problems were proposed. Both of them are proved to be indistinguishable against adaptively chosen ciphertext attack (IND-CCA2) in the random oracle models. These constructions have the potential to resist Shor's quantum algorithm attack proposed in 1994 and give affirmative answers for the open question announced by Myasnikov, Shpilrain and Ushakov in 2011. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.