Special Issue Paper
Password-authenticated cluster-based group key agreement for smart grid communication
Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
Volume 7, Issue 1, pages 221–233, January 2014
How to Cite
Nicanfar, H. and Leung, V. C. M. (2014), Password-authenticated cluster-based group key agreement for smart grid communication. Security Comm. Networks, 7: 221–233. doi: 10.1002/sec.726
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 1 MAR 2013
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council. Grant Number: 396838
- 1NIST Smart Grid, CSWG, Introduction to NISTIR 7628 guidelines for smart grid cyber security, www.nist.gov/smartgrid, September 2010.
- 2Lessons learned from smart grid enabled pricing programs, in Proc. IEEE PECI, Urbana, IL, February 2011., , .
- 3Intelligent multi-player smart grid management considering distributed energy resources and demand response, in Proc. PES General Meeting, Minneapolis, MN, July 2010., , .
- 4Exploring emerging customer needs for smart grid applications, in Proc. Second ISGT Europe, Manchester, United Kingdom, December 2011., .
- 5Smart grid data cloud: a model for utilizing cloud computing in the smart grid domain, in Proc. SmartGridComm, Gaithersburg, MD, October 2010., , .
- 6Cloud-based demand response for smart grid: architecture and distributed algorithms, in Proc. Second SmartGridComm, Brussels, Belgium, October 2011., , , .
- 7New direction in cryptography, IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, pp 644–654, Vol IT-11, November 1976., .
- 8Simple authenticated key agreement algorithm, an Electronic Letter, pp 1073–1074, Vol. 35, Issue 13, June 1999., .
- 9Password authenticated key exchange protocol with stronger security, in Proc. ETCS Workshop, Wuhan, Hubei China, March 2009., , .
- 10Verifier-based password authenticated key exchange protocol via elliptic curve, in Proc. ICISIT Conference, Beijing, China, December 2010., .
- 11ITU-T Rec. X.1035 (02/2007), Password-authenticated key exchange (PAK) protocol, Series X, Telecommunication Security, Telecommunication Standardization Sector of ITU, www.itu.int/ITU-T/, 2007
- 12IEEE Std 1363.2-2008 IEEE standard specifications for password-based public-key cryptographic techniques, http://standards.ieee.org, January 2009.
- 13A secure and efficient conference key distribution systems, in Proc. Advances in Cryptology, pp 275–286, LNCS Vol. 950, 1994., .
- 14Analysis and protection of dynamic membership information for group key distribution schemes, IEEE Trans. on Information Forensics and Security, pp 213–226, Vol. 2, No. 2, June 2007., .
- 15Advanced key-management architecture for secure SCADA communications, IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, pp 1154–1163, Vol. 24, No. 3, July 2009., , , .
- 16A group PAKE protocol using different passwords, in Proc. NSWCTC Conference, Wuhan, Hubei China, April 2009., , .
- 17Flexible robust group key agreement, IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, pp 879–886, Vol. 22, No. 5, May 2011., , .
- 18SPATE: small-group PKI-less authenticated trust establishment, IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, pp 1666–1681, Vol. 9, No. 12, December 2010., , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 19Password-based group authenticated key exchange protocol: from 3-party to group, in Proc. IEEE NCIS, Guilin, China, May 2011., , .
- 20Efficient and secure group key management based on EBS and attribute encryption, in Proc. IEEE CSAE, Nanjing, China, June 2011., .
- 21Forward secure identity-based key agreement for dynamic groups, in Proc. 9th PST, Montreal, QC, July 2011., , .
- 22A provable authenticated certificateless group key agreement with constant rounds, Journal of Communications and Networks, pp 104–110, Vol. 14, No. 1, February 2012., .
- 23Performance evaluation of ID-based group key agreement protocols, in Proc. 6th ARES, Vienna, Austria, August 2011., , .
- 26Efficient key management for advanced distribution automation system, in Proc. IEEE IC-NIDC, Beijing, China, September 2010., .
- 27Light-weight key distribution and management for advanced metering infrastructure, in Proc. IEEE SG-COMNETS, Houston, TX, December 2011., , , .
- 28An efficient and versatile key management protocol for secure smart grid communications, in Proc. IEEE WCNC, Paris, France, April 2012., .
- 29Multilayer consensus ECC-based password authenticated key-exchange (MCEPAK) protocol for smart grid system, accepted for publication in IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, Oct. 2012., .
- 31AVISPA-automated validation of internet security protocols, http://www.avispa-project.org