Some preliminary results of this paper were published in 20th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing, Munich, Germany, 15–17 February 2012 . In this paper, we have made the following improvements: firstly, we design a complete system and provide its detailed implementations; secondly, besides the storage overhead and traceback process overhead, we also conduct performance analysis in terms of the traceback accuracy and audit trail table access time; thirdly, to back up the analytic results, we carry out extensive simulations based on synthetic and real network topology.
A novel path-based approach for single-packet IP traceback†
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 309–321, February 2014
How to Cite
Lu, N., Wang, Y., Su, S. and Yang, F. (2014), A novel path-based approach for single-packet IP traceback. Security Comm. Networks, 7: 309–321. doi: 10.1002/sec.741
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2012
- Innovative Research Groups of the National Natural Science Foundation. Grant Number: 61121061
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!