Some preliminary results of this paper were published in 20th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing, Munich, Germany, 15–17 February 2012 . In this paper, we have made the following improvements: firstly, we design a complete system and provide its detailed implementations; secondly, besides the storage overhead and traceback process overhead, we also conduct performance analysis in terms of the traceback accuracy and audit trail table access time; thirdly, to back up the analytic results, we carry out extensive simulations based on synthetic and real network topology.
A novel path-based approach for single-packet IP traceback†
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
Volume 7, Issue 2, pages 309–321, February 2014
How to Cite
Lu, N., Wang, Y., Su, S. and Yang, F. (2014), A novel path-based approach for single-packet IP traceback. Security Comm. Networks, 7: 309–321. doi: 10.1002/sec.741
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Received: 9 JUL 2012
- Innovative Research Groups of the National Natural Science Foundation. Grant Number: 61121061
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!