Adding variables variation to Rainbow-like scheme to enhance its security level against MinRank attack
Article first published online: 10 JAN 2014
Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Security and Communication Networks
How to Cite
Tan, Y., Tang, S. and Wang, T. (2014), Adding variables variation to Rainbow-like scheme to enhance its security level against MinRank attack. Security Comm. Networks. doi: 10.1002/sec.943
- Article first published online: 10 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 29 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2013
- multivariate public key cryptography;
- digital signature scheme;
- Unbalanced Oil and Vinegar;
- Rainbow-like scheme;
Rainbow is a very effective multivariate digital signature scheme proposed by J. Ding and D. Schmidt. In this paper, we define any scheme that has basic multilayer Rainbow structure as Rainbow-like scheme. Then, we propose a way to enhance Rainbow-like schemes’ security level against MinRank attack. In our construction, we simply turn some of their first layers’ Oil variables into Vinegar variables by adding corresponding quadratic terms. Copyright © 2014 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.