Networks and strategic entrepreneurship: comments on Comparing alliance network structure across industries: observations and explanations and Strategic networks and entrepreneurial ventures
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
Copyright © 2008 Strategic Management Society
Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
Volume 1, Issue 3-4, pages 229–231, December 2007
How to Cite
Schulze, W. (2007), Networks and strategic entrepreneurship: comments on Comparing alliance network structure across industries: observations and explanations and Strategic networks and entrepreneurial ventures. Strat.Entrepreneurship J., 1: 229–231. doi: 10.1002/sej.32
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
- 2007. Small worlds, infinite possibilities? How social networks affect entrepreneurial team formation and search. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal 1(1–2): 147–165. , .
- 1986. Entrepreneurship through social networks. In The Art and Science of Entrepreneurship, SextonD, SmilorR (eds). Ballinger: New York; 3–23. , .
- 2001. How entrepreneurial firms can benefit from alliances with large partners. Academy of Management Executive 15: 139–148. , .
- 1992. Structural Holes. Harvard University Press: Cambridge, MA. .
- 2000. Don't go it alone: alliance network composition and startups' performance in Canadian biotechnology. Strategic Management Journal 21(3): 267–294. , , .
- 2001. Networks, alliances, and entrepreneurship. In Strategic Entrepreneurship: Creating a New Integrated Mindset, HittMA, IrelandRD, CampSM, SextonDL (eds). Blackwell: Oxford, U.K. .
- 2000. Strategic networks. Strategic Management Journal 21(3): 203–215. , , .
- 2003. Network-based research in entrepreneurship: a critical review. Journal of Business Venturing 18(2): 165–187. , .
- 2003. Getting Off to a Good Start: the Effects of upper echelon affiliations on underwriter prestige. Organization Science 14(3): 244–263. , .
- 2004. What do entrepreneurs pay for venture capital affiliation? Journal of Finance 59: 1805–1844. .
- 2001. Cultural entrepreneurship: stories, legitimacy, and the acquisition of resources. Strategic Management Journal 22(6–7): 545–564. , .
- 2006. Entrepreneurial action and the role of uncertainty in the theory of the entrepreneur. Academy of Management Review 31: 132–152. , .
- 2004. The benefits and costs of underwriters' social capital in the U.S. IPO market. Strategic Organization 2: 357–388. .
- 2007. Comparing alliance network structure across industries: observations and explanations. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal 1(3–4): 191–209. , .
- 2001. Complementary assets, strategic alliances, and the incumbent's advantage: an empirical study of industry and firm effects in the biopharmaceutical industry. Research Policy 30(8): 1235–1251. .
- 2006. Complexity, networks and knowledge flow. Research Policy 35: 994–1017. , , .
- 2007. External relationships and the small business: a review of small business alliance and network research. Journal of Small Business Management 45: 239–266. , .
- 1999. Interorganizational endorsements and the performance of new ventures. Administrative Science Quarterly 44(2): 315–349. , , .
- 2003. The geography of opportunity: spatial heterogeneity in founding rates and the performance of biotechnology firms. Research Policy 32(2): 229–253. , .
- 2007. Strategic networks and entrepreneurial ventures. Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal 1(3–4): 211–227. , .
- 1998. Geographically localized knowledge: spillovers or markets? Economic Inquiry 36: 65–86. , , .