Estimating HIV incidence in the United States from HIV/AIDS surveillance data and biomarker HIV test results
Version of Record online: 4 AUG 2008
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Statistics in Medicine
Special Issue: Papers from the NIAID Workshop on Statistical Methods in HIV/AIDS Research and Its Practical Application
Volume 27, Issue 23, pages 4617–4633, 15 October 2008
How to Cite
Karon, J. M., Song, R., Brookmeyer, R., Kaplan, E. H. and Hall, H. I. (2008), Estimating HIV incidence in the United States from HIV/AIDS surveillance data and biomarker HIV test results. Statist. Med., 27: 4617–4633. doi: 10.1002/sim.3144
- Issue online: 28 AUG 2008
- Version of Record online: 4 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 OCT 2007
- Manuscript Received: 24 MAR 2006
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- NIMH. Grant Number: MH 62294
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report: 2006, vol. 18, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, 2008. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/resources/reports/ (25 March 2008).
- 2No Time to Lose: Getting More from HIV Prevention. National Academy Press: Washington, DC, 2001., , , , , (eds).
- 5Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 1993 Revised classification system for HIV infection and expanded surveillance case definition for AIDS among adolescents and adults. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1992; 41(RR-17).
- 9New approaches for detecting recent HIV-1 infection. AIDS Reviews 2001; 3:183–193., .
- 18Distributions in Statistics: Continuous Univariate Distributions, vol. 1. Wiley: New York, 1970., .
- 21HIV Incidence Surveillance Group. Estimation of HIV incidence in the United States, 2005; submitted for publication., , , , , , , , , , , the
- 26Collaborative Group on AIDS Incubation and HIV Survival Including the CASCADE EU Concerted Action. Time from HIV-1 seroconversion to AIDS and death before widespread use of high-active antiretroviral therapy: a collaborative re-analysis. Lancet 2000; 355:1131–1137.