Multivariate multilevel spline models for parallel growth processes: application to weight and mean arterial pressure in pregnancy
Version of Record online: 26 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Statistics in Medicine
Volume 31, Issue 26, pages 3147–3164, 20 November 2012
How to Cite
Macdonald-Wallis, C., Lawlor, D. A., Palmer, T. and Tilling, K. (2012), Multivariate multilevel spline models for parallel growth processes: application to weight and mean arterial pressure in pregnancy. Statist. Med., 31: 3147–3164. doi: 10.1002/sim.5385
- Issue online: 11 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2012
- Manuscript Received: 8 MAR 2011
- 13Lewis G (ed). The, Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health, CEMACH. Saving Mothers' Lives: Reviewing Maternal Deaths to Make Motherhood Safer-2003-2005. The Seventh Report on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in the United Kingdom. Confidential Enquiry into Maternal and Child Health: London, United Kingdom, 2007.
- 172008.Outcomes of maternal weight gain, Evidence Report/Technology Assessment Number 168. AHRQ pub no: 08-E009, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality., , , , , , , , .
- 18IOM (Institute of Medicine) and NRC (National Research Council). Weight Gain During Pregnancy: Reexamining the Guidelines. The National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2009.
- 20The classification and diagnosis of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: Statement from the International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy (ISSHP). Hypertension in Pregnancy 2001; 20(1):9–14., , , , .
- 21Associations of gestational weight gain with maternal body mass index, waist circumference, and blood pressure measured 16 y after pregnancy: The Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2011; 93(6):1285–1292., , , , , , .
- 22Multilevel Statistical Models, (2nd edn). Edward Arnold: London, 1995..
- 23That BLUP is a good thing: the estimation of random effects. Statistical Science 1991; 6(1):15–32..
- 251925. Chapter 5: Tests of significance of means, differences of means, and regression coefficients. In Statistical methods for research workers. Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh; 101–137..
- 26A note on the Delta method. American Statistician 1992; 46(1):27–29..
- 27Econometric Analysis, (5th edn). Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey, 2003..
- 28Stata tip 97: Getting at rho's and sigma's. The Stata Journal 2011; 11(2):315–317..
- 30REFFADJUST: Stata module to estimate adjusted regression coefficients for the association between two random effects variables, 2012. (Available from: http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457403.html). Accessed 1st March 2012., .
- 31Multilevel models for longitudinal data. Journal of the Royal Statisitcal Society: Series A (Statistics in Society) 2008; 171:5–19..
- 34runmlwin: Stata module for fitting multilevel models in the MLwiN software package, Centre for Multilevel Modelling, University of Bristol, 2011., .
- 38Investigating causal relations by econometric models and cross-spectral methods. Econometrica 1969; 37(3):424–438..
- 40Statistical Analysis with Missing Data. Wiley: New York, 2002., .