Correction added on 11 March 2014 after original publication: the copyright line and license terms have been amended.
Multivariate meta-analysis of mixed outcomes: a Bayesian approach
Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
© 2013 The Authors. Statistics in Medicine Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
This is an open access article under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Statistics in Medicine
Volume 32, Issue 22, pages 3926–3943, 30 September 2013
How to Cite
Bujkiewicz, S., Thompson, J. R., Sutton, A. J., Cooper, N. J., Harrison, M. J., Symmons, D. P.M. and Abrams, K. R. (2013), Multivariate meta-analysis of mixed outcomes: a Bayesian approach. Statist. Med., 32: 3926–3943. doi: 10.1002/sim.5831
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2013
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 5 MAR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 16 AUG 2012
- UK National Institute for Health Research. Grant Number: NI-SI-0508-10061
- Medical Research Council. Grant Number: G0800770
- National Health Service (NHS) Executive, UK. Grant Number: 94/45/02
- 1Meta-analysis of multiple outcomes by regression with random effects. Statistics in Medicine 1998; 17:2537–2550. DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0258(19981130)17:22<2537::AID-SIM953>3.0.CO;2-C., , , , .
- 2Meta-analysis for the evaluation of potential surrogate markers. Statistics in Medicine 1997; 16:1965–1982. DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1097-0258(19970915)16:17<1965::AID-SIM630>3.0.CO;2-M., .
- 6Bayesian Approaches to Clinical Trials and Health-Care Evaluation. John Wiley and Sons, Ltd.: Chichester, 2004., , .
- 8Evidence-based medicine as Bayesian decision-making. Statistics in Medicine 2000; 19:3291–3305. DOI: 10.1002/1097-0258(20001215)19:23<3291::AID-SIM627>3.0.CO;2-T., .
- 18WinBUGS User Manual (Version 1.4), 2003. Available from: http://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/bugs/winbugs/manual14.pdf [Accessed on August 16, 2012]., , , .
- 19Patients with stable long-standing rheumatoid arthritis continue to deteriorate despite intensified treatment with traditional disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs–results of the British Rheumatoid Outcome Study Group randomized controlled clinical trial. Rheumatology 2006; 45:558–565. DOI: 10.1093/rheumatology/kei169., , , , , , , , , .
- 26Data analysis using regression and multilevel/hierarchical models (analytical methods for social research). Cambridge University Press: New York, 2007., .
- 28Introduction to Graphical Modelling. Springer-Verlag: New York, 1995..
- 29boa: an R package for MCMC output convergence assessment and posterior inference. Journal of Statistical Software 2007; 21(11):1–37..
- 30Empirical and simulation-based comparison of univariate and multivariate meta-analysis for binary outcomes. Draft Methods Report prepared for Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2012. Available from: http://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/index.cfm/search-for-guides-reviews-and-reports/?productid=1182&pageaction=displayproduct [Accessed on August 16, 2012].
- 33Uncertain Judgements: Eliciting Expert Probabilities. Wiley: Chichester, 2006., , , , , , , .