The research presented is part of the activities of the ‘Technology Strategy Group’ within a large industrially sponsored computer integrated manufacturing (CIM) program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI). The industrial sponsors (Alcoa. Eastman Kodak, Digital, IBM. GM, GE, Norton. Northrop. United Technologies) provided partial financial support, resident engineers, and most importantly, a context and a critique for the research. In addition AT&T has provided partial support in the form of curriculum grant titled Information Management for Manufacturing. The authors are solely responsible for any errors or oversights in this paper.
Generic manufacturing strategies: A conceptual synthesis†
Article first published online: 8 NOV 2006
Copyright © 1989 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Strategic Management Journal
Volume 10, Issue 3, pages 211–231, May/June 1989
How to Cite
Kotha, S. and Orne, D. (1989), Generic manufacturing strategies: A conceptual synthesis. Strat. Mgmt. J., 10: 211–231. doi: 10.1002/smj.4250100303
- Issue published online: 8 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 8 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Revised: 29 SEP 1988
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAR 1986
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!