The views expressed in this essay are those of the author and are not intended to reflect any editorial policies of the Strategic Management Journal. Will Mitchell, a fellow coeditor and friend has expressed concern that some readers may stop after reading the introduction in the mistaken belief that the paper is an SMJ Editorial and not an SMJ Research Prospective. If you are in this category I urge you to read on beyond the introductory anecdote.
The search for asterisks: Compromised statistical tests and flawed theories†
Article first published online: 22 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Strategic Management Journal
Volume 33, Issue 1, pages 108–113, January 2012
How to Cite
Bettis, R. A. (2012), The search for asterisks: Compromised statistical tests and flawed theories. Strat. Mgmt. J., 33: 108–113. doi: 10.1002/smj.975
- Issue published online: 9 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 22 OCT 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 12 OCT 2011 08:47AM EST
- Manuscript Revised: 10 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Received: 6 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!