The Model for Implementing Learning and Knowledge Building in the Extended Professional Community: A Case Study of Teachers’ Accreditation
Article first published online: 21 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Systems Research and Behavioral Science
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 127–143, January/February 2014
How to Cite
Tammets, K. and Pata, K. (2014), The Model for Implementing Learning and Knowledge Building in the Extended Professional Community: A Case Study of Teachers’ Accreditation. Syst. Res., 31: 127–143. doi: 10.1002/sres.2138
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2014
- Article first published online: 21 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 8 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 4 FEB 2012
- 1977. Organizational learning and management information systems. Accounting, Organizations and Society 2(2): 113–123. .
- 2007. IS-Driven Organisational Responsiveness - Emory University http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=984598 [15 January 2012] , , .
- 2001. Knowledge Specialization, Organisational Coupling, and the Boundaries of the Firm: Why Do Firms Know More Than They Make? Administrative Science Quarterly 46(4): 597–621. , , .
- 2006. Deriving a 12-Step Process to Create and Implement a Comprehensive Knowledge Management System. The journal of information and knowledge management systems 36(3): 238–254. , .
- 2000. Soft systems methodology: A thirty year retrospective. Systems Research and Behavioral Science 17(S1): 11–58. .
- 2010. Weblog-based electronic portfolios for students teachers in Taiwan. Education technology research development 58(2): 211–227. .
- 2004. What is a 'Professional Learning Community'? Educational Leadership 61(8): 6–11. .
- 2005. Facilitating professional learning of new teachers through critical reflection on practice during mentoring meetings European Journal of Teacher Education 28(3): 267–292. , , .
- 2006. Developing partnerships. Presentation at the Olde English Consortium annual Assistant Principals Conference. Chester, SC , .
- 2011. Self-regulated Learners and Collaboration: How Innovative Tools Can Address the Motivation to Learn at the Workplace? In Towards Ubiquitous Learning, Kloos CD, Gillet D, García Crespo RM, Wild F, Wolpers M (eds.). DUV: Wiesbaden, 506–511. , , , , , .
- 1969. Content Analysis for the Social Sciences and Humanities. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley. .
- 2011. The application of SECI model as a framework of knowledge creation in virtual learning Case study of IUST Virtual Classes. Asia Pacific Education Review 12(2): 263–270 .
- 2003. Managing Organisational Responsiveness - Toward a Theory of Responsive Practice. Wiesbaden: DUV. .
- 2005. Reflections on knowledge management from a critical systems perspective Knowledge Management Research and Practice 3(4): 187–196. .
- 2009. A Participatory Design Approach for the Support of Collaborative Learning and Knowledge Building in Networked Organizations. International Journal of Advanced Corporate Learning 2(3): 34–38. , , .
- 1996. The Challenge of Innovation Implementation. The Academy of Management Review 21(4): 1055–1080. , .
- 2000. A method and case of studying teachers' professional development. Paper presented at the European Conference on Educational Research, Edinburgh, 20–23 September 2000. .
- 2004. Organizational Innovation. In The Oxford Handbook of Innovation, Fagerberg J, Mowery D, Nelson R (eds.). Oxford University Press: Oxford. .
- 1951. Field Theory in Social Science. Harper and Row: New York. .
- 2001. Designing meta-cognitive activities. Educational Technology Research and Development 49(2): 23–40. .
- 2002. Synergizing the learning organization and knowledge management. Journal of Knowledge Management 6(3): 285–294. .
- 2008. SSM Inspired Organizational Change in a North American University Library: Lessons Learned. The 31th Information Systems Research Seminar in Scandinavia, IRIS 31: Public systems in the future possibilities, challenges and pitfall, 10–13 August, Aare, Sweden. , .
- 2008. Resistance Factors in the Implementation of Software Improvement Project in Malaysia. Journal of Computer Science 4(3): 211–219. , , , .
- 2003. A model for the implementation of software process improvement: A pilot study, Proceedings of the Third International Conference On Quality Software, 196–203 , , .
- 1995. The knowledge-creating company: How Japanese companies create the dynamics of innovation. Oxford University Press: Oxford. , .
- 1996. Improvising Organizational Transformation over Time: A Situated Change Perspective. Information Systems Research 7(1): 63–92. .
- 1990. Loosely coupled systems: A reconceptualization. Academy of Management Review 15: 203–223. , .
- 1988. Narrative knowing and the human sciences. State University of New York Press: Albany. .
- 2005. Three-dozen knowledge-sharing barriers managers must consider. Journal of Knowledge Management 9(3): 18–35 .
- 1993. Narrative Analysis. Sage Publications: Newbury Park. .
- 2001. A systems thinking framework for knowledge management. Decision Support Systems 31(1): 5–16. , , , , , .
- 1994. Computer support for knowledge-building communities. The Journal of the Learning Sciences 3(3): 265–283. , .
- 1990. The Fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization. Doubleday: NY. .
- 2007. Professional learning communities: Elaborating new approaches. In Professional learning communities: Divergence, depth, and dilemmas, In Stoll L, Louis, KS (eds). Open University Press, Berkshire. , .
- 1998. Participation works – if conditions are appropriate. In Organizational participation: myth and reality, Heller F, Pusic E, Strauss G, Wilpert B (eds.). Oxford: Oxford Press, Oxford; 190–219. .
- 2004. Building sustainable communities of practice, In Knowledge Networks: Innovation through Communities of Practice, Hildreth P, Kimble C (eds.). Hershey: Idea Group, PA; 150–164. , .
- 2002. A Theoretical Framework for Knowledge Management Implementation, In Proceedings of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologist. Port Elizabeth: South Africa. , .
- 1978. An assessment of the scientific merits of action research. Administrative Science Quarterly 23(4): 582–603. , .
- 2011. A scenario for portfolio-based accreditation of teachers’ competences in Estonian context Proceedings of the 3rd international Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU), SciTePress, 280–289. , , .
- 2012. Implementing Technology-Supported Model for Cross-Organisational Learning and Knowledge Building for Teachers. European Journal of Teacher Education 35: 57–75. , , .
- Enhancing the reflective practice: teachers’ learning and knowledge building in the extended professional community. , , . Submitted.
- 1986. Positive Accounting Theory, Prentice-Hall: London. , .
- 1993. Collective mind in organisations: Heedful interrelating on flight decks. Administrative Science Quarterly 38: 357–381. , .
- 1998. Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning and Identity. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. .