Telephone: (+46) 8-5248-7663; Fax: (+46) 8-34 19 60
Embryonic Stem Cells/Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2012
Copyright © 2012 AlphaMed Press
Volume 30, Issue 5, pages 865–875, May 2012
How to Cite
Kele, J., Andersson, E. R., Villaescusa, J. C., Cajanek, L., Parish, C. L., Bonilla, S., Toledo, E. M., Bryja, V., Rubin, J. S., Shimono, A. and Arenas, E. (2012), SFRP1 and SFRP2 Dose-Dependently Regulate Midbrain Dopamine Neuron Development In Vivo and in Embryonic Stem Cells. STEM CELLS, 30: 865–875. doi: 10.1002/stem.1049
Author contributions: J.K. and E.R.A.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and final approval of manuscript; J.C.V.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, assembly of figures, and final approval of manuscript; L.C., V.B., and C.L.P.: collection and assembly of data and final approval of manuscript; S.B. and E.M.T.: collection of data and final approval of manuscript; J.S.R. and A.S.: provision of study material and final approval of manuscript; E.A.: conception and design, provision of study material, financial support, assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and final approval of manuscript. J.K., E.R.A., and J.C.V. contributed equally to this article.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLSEXPRESS January 30, 2012.
- Issue online: 9 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 JAN 2012 03:50PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 DEC 2011
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2011
- Swedish Research Council. Grant Numbers: DBRM, VR2008:2811, 3287
- European Union (Neurostemcell and Eurostemcell)
- Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research (INGVAR and DBRM)
- Norwegian Research Council
- Karolinska Institute
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC), Australia
- Swedish National Neuroscience Network
- FEBS Long-Term Fellowship
- EMBO Installation Grant and Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic. Grant Number: MSM0021622430
- NHMRC Career development Fellowship, Australia
- Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research Ltd., Stockholm, Sweden
- Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla, Hospital Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
- Institute of Experimental Biology, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- Institute of Biophysics, Brno, Czech Republic
- 42Embryonic stem cell-derived Pitx3-enhanced green fluorescent protein midbrain dopamine neurons survive enrichment by fluorescence-activated cell sorting and function in an animal model of Parkinson's disease. Stem Cells 2008; 26: 1526–1536., , et al.
- 54A small synthetic cripto blocking peptide improves neural induction, dopaminergic differentiation, and functional integration of mouse embryonic stem cells in a rat model of Parkinson's disease. Stem Cells 2010; 28: 1326–1337., , et al.