Telephone: +441142711798; Fax: +441142711711
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2012
Copyright © 2012 AlphaMed Press
Volume 30, Issue 6, pages 1134–1143, June 2012
How to Cite
Mohanty, S. T., Cairney, C. J., Chantry, A. D., Madan, S., Fernandes, J. A., Howe, S. J., Moore, H. D., Thompson, M. J., Chen, B., Thrasher, A., Keith, W. N. and Bellantuono, I. (2012), A Small Molecule Modulator of Prion Protein Increases Human Mesenchymal Stem Cell Lifespan, Ex Vivo Expansion, and Engraftment to Bone Marrow in NOD/SCID Mice. STEM CELLS, 30: 1134–1143. doi: 10.1002/stem.1065
Author contributions: S.T.M.: collection and assembly of data, data analysis, writing of the manuscript and final approval; C.J.C.: collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, final approval of manuscript; A.D.C., S.M., and J.F.S.J.H.: conception and design, provision of study material, final approval, H.D.M.: conception and design of the project, M.J.T.: synthesis of compound 3000689(3/689), B.C.: conception, design of the project, design of indole-3-glyoxylamide family of antiprion compounds, A.T.: conception and design, provision of study material, final approval; W.N.K.: conception and design, data analysis 2 and interpretation, final approval of manuscript; I.B.: conception and design, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing and final approval of manuscript.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLSEXPRESS February 24, 2012.
- Issue published online: 15 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 24 FEB 2012 11:07AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 18 NOV 2011
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC, BB/E014119/1)
- 12Glycogen synthase kinase-3alpha/beta inhibition promotes in vivo amplification of endogenous mesenchymal progenitors with osteogenic and adipogenic potential and their differentiation to the osteogenic lineage. J Bone Miner Res 2010; 26: 811–821., , et al.
- 16Indole derivatives for the stimulation of stem cell proliferation. A61K31/404; A61P35/00 ed; 2010..
- 18High-level transduction and gene expression in hematopoietic repopulating cells using a human immunodeficiency [correction of imunodeficiency] virus type 1-based lentiviral vector containing an internal spleen focus forming virus promoter. Hum Gene Ther 2002; 13: 803–813., , et al.
- 26Human umbilical cord blood-derived mesenchymal stem cells undergo cellular senescence in response to oxidative stress. Stem Cells Dev 2011 [Epub ahead of print]., , .