Telephone: +44-161-2755182; Fax: +44-161-2751183
Embryonic Stem Cells/Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 AlphaMed Press
Volume 30, Issue 9, pages 1842–1851, September 2012
How to Cite
Hawkins, K., Mohamet, L., Ritson, S., Merry, C. L. R. and Ward, C. M. (2012), E-cadherin and, in Its Absence, N-cadherin Promotes Nanog Expression in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells via STAT3 Phosphorylation. STEM CELLS, 30: 1842–1851. doi: 10.1002/stem.1148
Author contributions: K.H.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and final approval of manuscript; L.M.: manuscript writing, provision of study material, and final approval of manuscript; S.R.: conception and design and manuscript writing; C.M.W.: conception and design, financial support, provision of study material, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and final approval of manuscript; C.L.R.M.: conception and design and manuscript writing.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLSEXPRESS June 13, 2012.
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JUN 2012 02:39PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 23 JAN 2012
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
- BBSRC PhD studentship
This article has been cited by:
- 1Regulation of pluripotent cell differentiation by a small molecule, staurosporine, Differentiation, 2014, 87, 3-4, 101, , , , ,
- 2The importance of three-dimensional scaffold structure on stemness maintenance of mouse embryonic stem cells, Biomaterials, 2014, 35, 27, 7724, , , , , , , ,
- 3Wnt of the Two Horizons: Putting Stem Cell Self-Renewal and Cell Fate Determination into Context, Stem Cells and Development, 2014, 23, 17, 1975,
- 4Adhesion, but not a specific cadherin code, is indispensable for ES cell and induced pluripotency, Stem Cell Research, 2013, 11, 3, 1250, , , , , , ,
- 5Bone morphogenic protein signalling suppresses differentiation of pluripotent cells by maintaining expression of E-Cadherin, eLife, 2013, 2,, , , , , ,