Author contributions: Y.C.L.: design of the study, collection, analysis and interpretation of data, and manuscript writing; S.H.T. and Z.Y.Z.: conception and design of the study and analysis and interpretation of data; M.S.K.C.: conception and design of the study, analysis and interpretation of data, and manuscript writing; E.S.M.L. and R.D.K.: analysis and interpretation of data; C.N.Z.M.: analysis and interpretation of data and manuscript writing; N.K.R.: provision of study material; R.J.M.B.: provision of study material and analysis and interpretation of data; N.M.F.: analysis of data and manuscript writing; M.C.: conception and design of the study, administrative support, and analysis of data; J.K.Y.C.: conception and design, financial support, administrative support, provision of study materials, analysis of data, manuscript writing, and final approval of the manuscript.
Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
Copyright © 2012 AlphaMed Press
Volume 30, Issue 9, pages 1911–1924, September 2012
How to Cite
Liu, Y., Teoh, S.-H., Chong, M. S. K., Lee, E. S. M., Mattar, C. N. Z., Randhawa, N. K., Zhang, Z.-Y., Medina, R. J., Kamm, R. D., Fisk, N. M., Choolani, M. and Chan, J. K. Y. (2012), Vasculogenic and Osteogenesis-Enhancing Potential of Human Umbilical Cord Blood Endothelial Colony-Forming Cells. STEM CELLS, 30: 1911–1924. doi: 10.1002/stem.1164
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLSEXPRESS June 3, 2012.
- Issue published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 20 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 JUL 2012 07:58AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 31 JAN 2012
- National Medical Research Council of Singapore. Grant Numbers: NMRC/1179/2008, NMRC/1268/2010
- NMRC Clinician Scientist Award. Grant Numbers: CSA/007/2009, CSA/012/2009
- 19Effects of endothelial cells on human mesenchymal stem cell activity in a three-dimensional in vitro model. Eur Cell Mater 2011; 22: 242–257., , .
- 28Endothelial progenitor cells promote fracture healing in a segmental bone defect model. J Orthop Res 2010; 28: 1007–1014., , et al.
- 36Locally applied vascular endothelial growth factor A increases the osteogenic healing capacity of human adipose-derived stem cells by promoting osteogenic and endothelial differentiation. Stem Cells 2011; 29: 286–296., , et al.