Telephone: +61-433-528-943; Fax: +61-8-6488-7086
Embryonic Stem Cells/Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2012
Copyright © 2012 AlphaMed Press
Volume 30, Issue 10, pages 2164–2174, October 2012
How to Cite
Hassiotou, F., Beltran, A., Chetwynd, E., Stuebe, A. M., Twigger, A.-J., Metzger, P., Trengove, N., Lai, C. T., Filgueira, L., Blancafort, P. and Hartmann, P. E. (2012), Breastmilk Is a Novel Source of Stem Cells with Multilineage Differentiation Potential. STEM CELLS, 30: 2164–2174. doi: 10.1002/stem.1188
Authors contributions: F.H.: conception and design, financial support, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and final approval of manuscript; A.B.: animal injections and monitoring and final approval of manuscript; E.C.: provision of study participants and final approval of manuscript; A.M.S.: provision of study participants, financial support, and final approval of manuscript; A.-J.T. and P.M.: collection of data and final approval of manuscript; N.T. and C.T.L.: intellectual input and final approval of manuscript; L.F., P.B., and P.E.H.: conception and design, financial support, data analysis and interpretation, and final approval of manuscript.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLSEXPRESS August 3, 2012.
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 3 AUG 2012 02:18PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2012
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUN 2012
- Medela AG (Switzerland)
- Women and Infants Research Foundation Scholarship
- UWA Convocation Award
- UWA GRST grant to F.H.
- NCI/NIH. Grant Numbers: 1R01CA125273, 3R01CA125273-03S1
- DoD awards. Grant Numbers: W81XWH-10-1-0265, W81XWH-10-1-0266
- NIH. Grant Number: 5K12HD050113-04
This article has been cited by:
- 1Bovine mammary stem cells: new perspective for dairy science, Veterinary Quarterly, 2014, 34, 1, 52, , , , ,
- 2Principles of Tissue Engineering, 2014,, , , , ,
- You have free access to this content3
- 4Breaking through an epigenetic wall: Re-activation of Oct4 by KRAB-containing designer zinc finger transcription factors, Epigenetics, 2013, 8, 2, 164, , , , , , , ,
- 5Concentrations of preptin, salusins and hepcidins in plasma and milk of lactating women with or without gestational diabetes mellitus, Peptides, 2013, 49, 123, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 6Mammary gland-derived nestin-positive cell populations can be isolated from human male and female donors, Stem Cell Research & Therapy, 2013, 4, 4, 78, , , , , , ,
- 7Maternal and infant infections stimulate a rapid leukocyte response in breastmilk, Clinical & Translational Immunology, 2013, 2, 4, e3, , , , , , ,
- 8Postpartum Remodeling, Lactation, and Breast Cancer Risk: Summary of a National Cancer Institute-Sponsored Workshop, JNCI Journal of the National Cancer Institute, 2013, 105, 3, 166, , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 9Stem Cell Transplantation for Neuroprotection in Stroke, Brain Sciences, 2013, 3, 1, 239, , , , , ,