N.P. and N.L. contributed equally to this article.
Embryonic Stem Cells/Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 AlphaMed Press
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 488–499, March 2013
How to Cite
Pfaff, N., Lachmann, N., Ackermann, M., Kohlscheen, S., Brendel, C., Maetzig, T., Niemann, H., Antoniou, M. N., Grez, M., Schambach, A., Cantz, T. and Moritz, T. (2013), A ubiquitous chromatin opening element prevents transgene silencing in pluripotent stem cells and their differentiated progeny. STEM CELLS, 31: 488–499. doi: 10.1002/stem.1316
Author contributions: N.P. and N.L.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, and manuscript writing; M.A.: collection and assembly of data and data analysis and interpretation; S.K.: collection and assembly of data; C.B., M.N.A., M.G., and A.S.: provision of study material; T. Maetzig: collection and assembly of data and provision of study material; H.N.: manuscript writing; T.C. and T. Moritz: conception and design and manuscript writing.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLSEXPRESS January 2013, 2013.
- Issue published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 25 FEB 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 JAN 2013 11:27PM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 MAY 2012
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft: Cluster of Excellence REBIRTH. Grant Numbers: Exc 62/1), SPP1230, MO 886/4–1, GR 898/5-2
This article has been cited by:
- 1Distance effect of matrix attachment regions on transgene expression in stably transfected Chinese hamster ovary cells, Biotechnology Letters, 2014,, , , , , , , , , ,
- 2Fast and Efficient Multitransgenic Modification of Human Pluripotent Stem Cells, Human Gene Therapy Methods, 2014, 25, 2, 136, , , , , , , , , ,
- 3Lentiviral MGMTP140K-mediated in vivo selection employing a ubiquitous chromatin opening element (A2UCOE) linked to a cellular promoter, Biomaterials, 2014, 35, 25, 7204, , , , , ,
- 4Promoter and lineage independent anti-silencing activity of the A2 ubiquitous chromatin opening element for optimized human pluripotent stem cell-based gene therapy, Biomaterials, 2014, 35, 5, 1531, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- 5Cell culture processes for biologics manufacturing: recent developments and trends, Pharmaceutical Bioprocessing, 2013, 1, 2, 133, ,
- 6Genomic cis-acting Sequences Improve Expression and Establishment of a Nonviral Vector, Molecular Therapy—Nucleic Acids, 2013, 2, 8, e118, , ,
- 7Kinetics and Epigenetics of Retroviral Silencing in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells Defined by Deletion of the D4Z4 Element, Molecular Therapy, 2013, 21, 8, 1536, , , , , ,
- 8Optimizing Retroviral Gene Expression for Effective Therapies, Human Gene Therapy, 2013, 24, 4, 363, , ,
- 9Toward Position-independent Retroviral Vector Expression in Pluripotent Stem Cells, Molecular Therapy, 2013, 21, 8, 1474, ,