Telephone: 86-21-54237872; Fax: 86-21-54237643
Tissue-Specific Stem Cells
Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
Copyright © 2013 AlphaMed Press
Volume 31, Issue 6, pages 1193–1201, June 2013
How to Cite
Cai, Y., Zhang, Y., Shen, Q., Rubenstein, J. L. R. and Yang, Z. (2013), A Subpopulation of Individual Neural Progenitors in the Mammalian Dorsal Pallium Generates Both Projection Neurons and Interneurons In Vitro. STEM CELLS, 31: 1193–1201. doi: 10.1002/stem.1363
Abbreviations: IN, interneuron-like cells; PN, projection neuron-like cells.
Author contributions: Y.C.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, and manuscript writing; Y.Z.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, and data analysis and interpretation; Q.S.: data analysis and interpretation; J.L.R.: data analysis and interpretation and manuscript writing; Z.Y.: conception and design, data analysis and interpretation, financial support, and manuscript writing. Y.C. and Y.Z. contributed equally to this work.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
first published online in STEM CELLS EXPRESS February 4, 2013.
- Issue published online: 22 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 22 MAY 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 FEB 2013 04:34AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 AUG 2012
- National Basic Research Program of China. Grant Numbers: 2011CB504400, 2010CB945500
- National Natural Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 30990261, 31121061, 91232723
- Shanghai Shu-Guang. Grant Number: 09SG05
This article has been cited by:
- 1Embryonic Origin of Postnatal Neural Stem Cells, Cell, 2015, 161, 7, 1644, , , , , , ,
- 2Transient Sp8+ handlebar-like interneuron structure traversing the corpus callosum during the second postnatal week, NeuroReport, 2015, 26, 4, 216, , ,
- 3Extracortical origin of some murine subplate cell populations, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2014, 111, 23, 8613, , , , ,
- 4Mechanisms regulating GABAergic neuron development, Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, 2014, 71, 8, 1395, , ,
- 5Parsing out the embryonic origin of subplate cell-type diversity, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2014, 111, 23, 8325,
- 6The complexity of the calretinin-expressing progenitors in the human cerebral cortex, Frontiers in Neuroanatomy, 2014, 8,, , , , , ,
- 7Subcortical origins of human and monkey neocortical interneurons, Nature Neuroscience, 2013, 16, 11, 1588, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,