Arrest of In Vitro T Cell Differentiation of Normal Bone Marrow-Derived CD34+ Stem Cells with Thymic Epithelial Fragments from Children with AIDS
Article first published online: 1 SEP 1996
Copyright © 1996 AlphaMed Press
Volume 14, Issue 5, pages 533–547, September 1996
How to Cite
Ruiz, M. E., Freeman, J., Bouhasin, J. D., Knutsen, A. P. and Hendrix, M. J. C. (1996), Arrest of In Vitro T Cell Differentiation of Normal Bone Marrow-Derived CD34+ Stem Cells with Thymic Epithelial Fragments from Children with AIDS. STEM CELLS, 14: 533–547. doi: 10.1002/stem.140533
- Issue published online: 1 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 1 SEP 1996
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 MAY 1996
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAR 1996
- 1HIV and the pathogenesis of AIDS. Washington, D.C.: ASM Press, 1994:35–35..
- 2Evidence for susceptibility of intrathymic T-cell precursors and their progeny carrying T-cell antigen receptor phenotypes TCRαβ+ to human immunodeficiency virus infection: a mechanism for CD4 (T4) lymphocyte depletion. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1990; 87:7727–7731., , , et al.
- 19HIV-1, cytomegalovirus, and human immunodeficiency virus on cultured human thymic epithelial cells. Microbiol Immunol 1989; 33:773–795., , , et al.
- 21The thymus in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: pathological and theoretical consideration. In: Griselli, and Vossen, eds. Progress in Immunodeficiency Research and Therapy. New York: Elsevier Publishing, 1984:171–171., , , et al.
- 22Thymic epithelium in AIDS: an immunohistologic study. Am J Pathol 1985; 122:302–307., , , et al.
- 24The thymus in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome. In: KendallM, RitterM, eds. The Microenvironment of the Human Thymus. New York: Harwood Academic Publishers, 1988:171–171., , , et al.
- 30Thymus transplantation in HIV-1 infected children and SIV infected rhesus. Novel HIV Therapies: From Discovery to Clinical Proof of Concept. Spirat Conference Bethesda, Maryland. July 1995..
- 34T-cell depletion of SBA-cells by adherence in the AIS collector. In: AremanE, DeegHJ, SacherRA, eds. Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Processing: A Manual of Current Techniques. Philadelphia, PA: F.A. Davis Company, 1992:205–205., , , et al.
- 35PawleyJ ed. Handbook of Biological Confocal Microscopy. 2nd edition, New York: Plenum Press, 1995:311–311.