Author contributions: R.S.A.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing, and final approval of manuscript; W.L., J.W., R.W., and C.S.: collection and assembly of data; J.Y., T.J.S., and P.W.: data analysis and interpretation; M.G., Q.H., A.H.L., G.T., Y.H., and W.M.: provision of study material or patients; J.S.P.: conception and design, data analysis and interpretation, editing and final approval of manuscript; J.R.B: conception and design, data analysis and interpretation, editing and final approval of manuscript, and financial support.
Tissue-Specific Stem Cells
TNF, acting through inducibly expressed TNFR2, drives activation and cell cycle entry of c-Kit+ cardiac stem cells in ischemic heart disease
Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2013
© AlphaMed Press
Volume 31, Issue 9, pages 1881–1892, September 2013
How to Cite
Al-Lamki, R. S., Lu, W., Wang, J., Yang, J., Sargeant, T. J., Wells, R., Suo, C., Wright, P., Goddard, M., Huang, Q., Lebastchi, A. H., Tellides, G., Huang, Y., Min, W., Pober, J. S. and Bradley, J. R. (2013), TNF, acting through inducibly expressed TNFR2, drives activation and cell cycle entry of c-Kit+ cardiac stem cells in ischemic heart disease. STEM CELLS, 31: 1881–1892. doi: 10.1002/stem.1433
- Issue online: 4 OCT 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 OCT 2013
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 MAY 2013 06:24AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 APR 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 12 DEC 2012
- 13Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) up-regulates the expression of p75 but not p55 TNF receptors, and both receptors mediate, independently of each other, up-regulation of transforming growth factor alpha and epidermal growth factor receptor mRNA. J Biol Chem 1993;268:2762–2766., , et al.
- 20Localization and origin of cardiac CD117-positive cells: Identification of a population of epicardially-derived cells in adult human heart. Ital J Anat Embryol 2010;115:71–78., , et al.
- 35Human organ culture as a tool for analyzing the response to tumor necrosis factor. Current Trends Immunol 2011;12:49–66., , .
- 41Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial of infliximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor-alpha, in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure: Results of the anti-TNF Therapy Against Congestive Heart Failure (ATTACH) trial. Circulation 2003;107:3133–3140., , et al.