Telephone: 303-724-6000; Fax: 303-724-6012
Embryonic Stem Cells/Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells
Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2009
Copyright © 2009 AlphaMed Press
Volume 27, Issue 11, pages 2667–2674, November 2009
How to Cite
Zhou, W. and Freed, C. R. (2009), Adenoviral Gene Delivery Can Reprogram Human Fibroblasts to Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells. STEM CELLS, 27: 2667–2674. doi: 10.1002/stem.201
Author contributions: W.Z.: conception and design, collection and assembly of data, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing; C.R.F.: conception and design, data analysis and interpretation, manuscript writing.
Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article.
First published online in STEM CELLS EXPRESS 2009.
- Issue online: 6 NOV 2009
- Version of Record online: 20 AUG 2009
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 AUG 2009 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 AUG 2009
- Manuscript Received: 18 MAY 2009
- Anna Mitchell Family Foundation
- 1Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell 2006; 126: 663–676., .
- 2Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell 2007; 131: 861–872., , et al.
- 3Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells. Science 2007; 318: 1917–1920., , et al.
- 4In vitro reprogramming of fibroblasts into a pluripotent ES-cell-like state. Nature 2007; 448: 318–324., , et al.
- 5Generation of human induced pluripotent stem cells from dermal fibroblasts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2008; 105: 2883–2888., , et al.
- 6Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells without Myc from mouse and human fibroblasts. Nat Biotechnol 2008; 26: 101–106., , et al.
- 7Generation of pluripotent stem cells from adult mouse liver and stomach cells. Science 2008; 321: 699–702., , et al.
- 8Generation of germline-competent induced pluripotent stem cells. Nature 2007; 448: 313–317., , .
- 9A drug-inducible transgenic system for direct reprogramming of multiple somatic cell types. Nat Biotechnol 2008; 26: 916–924., , et al.
- 10Generation of mouse induced pluripotent stem cells without viral vectors. Science 2008; 322: 949–953., , et al.
- 11Virus-free induction of pluripotency and subsequent excision of reprogramming factors. Nature 2009; 458: 771–775., , et al.
- 12piggyBac transposition reprograms fibroblasts to induced pluripotent stem cells. Nature 2009; 458: 766–770., , et al.
- 13Parkinson's disease patient-derived induced pluripotent stem cells free of viral reprogramming factors. Cell 2009; 136: 964–977., , et al.
- 14Polycistronic lentiviral vector for “hit and run” reprogramming of adult skin fibroblasts to induced pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells 2009; 27: 1042–1049., , et al.
- 15Human induced pluripotent stem cells free of vector and transgene sequences. Science 2009; 324: 797–801., , et al.
- 16Generation of induced pluripotent stem cells using recombinant proteins. Cell Stem Cell 2009; 4: 381–384., , et al.
- 17Adenovirus-based expression vectors and recombinant vaccines. Biotechnology 1992; 20: 363–390., .
- 18A simplified system for generating recombinant adenoviruses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1998; 95: 2509–2514., , et al.
- 19Induced pluripotent stem cells generated without viral integration. Science 2008; 322: 945–949., , et al.
- 20A protocol for rapid generation of recombinant adenoviruses using the AdEasy system. Nat Protoc 2007; 2: 1236–1247., , et al.
- 21Overexpression of human alpha-synuclein causes dopamine neuron death in rat primary culture and immortalized mesencephalon-derived cells. Brain Res 2000; 866: 33–43., , et al.
- 22DJ-1 upregulates glutathione synthesis during oxidative stress and inhibits A53T alpha-synuclein toxicity. J Biol Chem 2005; 280: 43150–43158., .
- 23Noggin enhances dopamine neuron production from human embryonic stem cells and improves behavioral outcome after transplantation into Parkinsonian rats. Stem Cells 2008; 26: 2810–2820., , et al.
- 24Induction of midbrain dopaminergic neurons from ES cells by stromal cell-derived inducing activity. Neuron 2000; 28: 31–40., , et al.
- 25Generation of dopaminergic neurons and pigmented epithelia from primate ES cells by stromal cell-derived inducing activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2002; 99: 1580–1585., , et al.
- 26Generation of tyrosine hydroxylase positive neurons from human embryonic stem cells after coculture with cellular substrates and exposure to GDNF. Stem Cells 2004; 22: 669–674., , .
- 27Induced pluripotent stem cell generation using a single lentiviral stem cell cassette. Stem Cells 2008; 27: 543–549., , et al.
- 28Reprogramming of murine and human somatic cells using a single polycistronic vector. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2009; 106: 157–162., , et al.
- 29Evidence for a terminal differentiation process in the rat liver. Differentiation 1995; 59: 35–42., , et al.
- 30Hepatic polyploidy and liver growth control. Semin Cancer Biol 2000; 10: 161–171..