This article originally appeared in Sociology of Health & Illness, 1983 vol 5, issue 3, pages 345–355. We are grateful to Sociology of Health & Illness for permission to reproduce the article in full here.
Review essay: The importance of being Erving—Erving Goffman, 1922 to 1982†
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2013
© 2013 Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction. All rights reserved.
Special Issue: Erving Goffman
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 145–154, February 2014
How to Cite
Strong, P. M. (2014), Review essay: The importance of being Erving—Erving Goffman, 1922 to 1982. Symbolic Interaction, 37: 145–154. doi: 10.1002/symb.80
- Issue published online: 13 FEB 2014
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!