Osthole or imperatorin-mediated facilitation of glutamate release is associated with a synaptic vesicle mobilization in rat hippocampal glutamatergic nerve endings
Article first published online: 23 DEC 2009
Copyright © 2009 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 64, Issue 5, pages 390–396, May 2010
How to Cite
Lin, T.-Y., Lu, C.-W., Huang, W.-J. and Wang, S.-J. (2010), Osthole or imperatorin-mediated facilitation of glutamate release is associated with a synaptic vesicle mobilization in rat hippocampal glutamatergic nerve endings. Synapse, 64: 390–396. doi: 10.1002/syn.20738
- Issue published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 23 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2009
- National Science Council of Taiwan, Republic of China. Grant Number: NSC 96-2628-B-030-001-MY3
- 2001. Central nervous system agents in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: How do they work? Curr Urol Rep 2: 488–494. , .
- 1995. Neuromodulation of penile erection: An overview of the role of neurotransmitters and neuropeptides. Prog Neurobiol 47: 235–255. , .
- 2005. Centrol control penile erection: Role of the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus. Prog Neurobiol 76: 1–21. , .
- 2003. Two models of exocytosis from synaptosomes are differentially regulated by protein phosphatase types 2A and 2B. J Neurochem 85: 1190–1199. , , .
- 1992. Synaptic vesicle-associated Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II is a binding protein for synapsin I. Nature 359: 417–420. , , , , , .
- 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Anal Biochem 72: 248–254. .
- 2003. Effect of excitatory amino acid receptor agonists on penile erection after administration into paraventricular nucleus of hypothalamus in the rat. Urology 62: 578–580. , .
- 2000. Effect of the plant-extract osthole on the relaxation of rabbit corpus cavernosum tissue in vitro. J Urol 163: 1975–1980. , , , .
- 2001. Synapsin dispersion and reclustering during synaptic activity. Nat Neurosci 4: 1187–1193. , , .
- 2003. Synaptic vesicle mobilization is regulated by distinct synapsin I phosphorylation pathways at different frequencies. Neuron 38: 69–78. , , .
- 2001. Vasorelaxant effect of coumarins from Cnidium monnieri on rabbit corpus cavernosum. Planta Med 67: 1–3. , , , .
- 2004. Targeting of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Biochem J 378: 1–16. .
- 1987. Effects of cytochalasin and phalloidin on actin. J Cell Biol 105: 1473–1478. .
- 1993. Synaptic vesicle phosphoproteins and regulation of synaptic function. Science 259: 780–785. , , , .
- 2005. Modulation of neurotransmitter release by the second messenger-activated protein kinases: Implications for presynaptic plasticity. Pharmacol Ther 105: 69–84. , .
- 2004. Nutrients and botanicals for erectile dysfunction: Examining the evidence. Altern Med Rev 9: 4–16. .
- 1997. N-Methyl-D-aspartic acid-induced penile erection and yawning: Role of hypothalamic paraventricular nitric oxide. Eur J Pharmacol 328: 115–123. , , , .
- 2004. Extracellular excitatory amino acids increase in the paraventricular nucleus of male rats during sexual activity: Main role of N-methyl-D-aspartic acid receptors in erectile function. Eur J Pharmacol 19: 2569–2575. , , , , .
- 2007. Centrally acting mechanisms for the treatment of male sexual dysfunction. Urol Clin North Am 34: 483–496. , .
- 1993. The glutamatergic nerve terminal. Eur J Biochem 212: 613–631. .
- 1986. Sexual activity alters the concentrations of amino acids in the cerebrospinal fluid of male rats. Neurosci Lett 70: 374–378. , .
- 1992. Localized Ca2+ entry preferentially effects protein dephosphorylation, phosphorylation, and glutamate release. J Biol Chem 267: 1983–1989. , , .
- 1995. Persistent enhancement of sustained calcium-dependent glutamate release by phorbol esters: Role of calmodulin-independent serine/threonine phosphorylation and actin disassembly. J Neurochem 64: 181–190. , .
- 1999. Protein phosphorylation and the regulation of synaptic membrane traffic. Trends Neurosci 22: 459–464. , , .
- 2008. Osthole ans imperatorin, the active constituents of Cnidium monnieri (L) Cusson, facilitate glutamate release from rat hippocampal nerve terminals. Neurochem Int 53: 416–423. , , , .
- 1996. Arachidonic acid and oleoylacetylglycerol induce a synergistic facilitation of Ca2+-dependent glutamate release from hippocampal mossy fiber nerve endings. J Neurochem 66: 177–185. , , .