Glycine receptor internalization by protein kinases activation
Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 65, Issue 11, pages 1231–1238, November 2011
How to Cite
Velázquez-Flores, M. á. and Salceda, R. (2011), Glycine receptor internalization by protein kinases activation. Synapse, 65: 1231–1238. doi: 10.1002/syn.20963
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 7 JUN 2011 10:43AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 31 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 27 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Received: 28 APR 2011
- PAPIIT/UNAM. Grant Number: IN 207810-3
- CONACYT. Grant Numbers: 203289, I0006
- 1993. Protein kinase A-mediated phosphorylation reduces only the fast desensitizing glycine current in acutely dissociated ventromedial hypothalamic neurons. Neuroscience 56: 605–615. , , .
- 2002. PGE(2) selectively blocks inhibitory glycinergic neurotransmission onto rat superficial dorsal horn neurons. Nat Neurosci 5: 34–40. , , , .
- 2001. Effect of protein kinase C activation on the glycine evoked Cl(−) current in spinal cord neurons. Brain Res 902: 1–10. , , , , , .
- 2005. Okadaic acid increases the phosphorylation state of α1A-adrenoceptors and induces receptor desensitization. Eur J Pharmacol 525: 18–23. , .
- 2004. The activation mechanism of alpha1 homomeric glycine receptors. J Neurosci 24: 895–906. , , , .
- 1981. Specific [3H]strychnine binding associated with glycine receptors in bovine retina. Brain Res 205: 131–139. , , .
- 2000. GABAA receptor phosphorylation and functional modulation in cortical neurons by a protein kinase C-dependent pathway. J Biol Chem 275: 38856–38862. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Dopamine D3 receptors regulate GABAA receptor function through a phospho-dependent endocytosis mechanism in nucleus accumbens. J Neurosci 26: 2513–2521. , , , .
- 1994. Differential expression of glycine receptor subunits in the retina of the rat: A study using immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization. Vis Neurosci 11: 721–729. , , , , , .
- 2005. The beta subunit determines the ligand binding properties of synaptic glycine receptors. Neuron 45: 727–739. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Protein kinases modulate two glycine currents in salamander retinal ganglion cells. J Physiol 508: 681–690. , .
- 2004. GlyR α3: An essential target for spinal PGE2-mediated inflammatory pain sensitization. Science 304: 884–887. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Diversity of glycine receptors in the mouse retina: Localization of the alpha4 subunit. J Comp Neurol 500: 693–707. , , , .
- 1993. Suppression of taurine response in acutely dissociated substantia nigra neurons by intracellular cyclic AMP. Brain Res 2: 347–350. , , .
- 1981. Determination of the equilibrium dissociation constants and number of glycine binding sites 'in several areas of the rat central nervous system. Using a sodium-independent system. J Neurochem 37: 1015–1024. , , .
- 2003. Modulation of GABAA receptor activity by phosphorylation and receptor trafficking: Implications for the efficacy of synaptic inhibition. Curr Opin Neurobiol 13: 341–347. , .
- 2009. Arrestin development: Emerging roles for beta-arrestins in developmental signaling pathways. Dev Cell 17: 443–458. , , , , .
- 2010. Ethanol reduces GABAA α1 subunit receptor surface expression by a protein kinase C γ-dependent mechanism in cultured cerebral cortical neurons. Mol Pharmacol 77: 793–803. , , , , , , .
- 1970. Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227: 680–685. .
- 1951. “Protein measurement with the Folin Phenol Reagent”. J Biol Chem 193: 265–275. , , , .
- 2010. Serotonin receptor 1A-modulated phosphorylation of glycine receptor α3 controls breathing in mice. J Clin Invest 120: 4118–4128. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1970. Preparation and characterization of a plasma membrane fraction from isolated fat cells. J Cell Biol 44: 417–432. , .
- 1996. Alpha 2 adrenoreceptor potentiates glycine receptor-mediated taurine response through protein kinase A in rat substantia nigra neurons. J Neurophysiol 76: 2447–2454. , , .
- 1995. Different specific binding sites of [3H]glycine and [3H]strychnine in synaptosomal membranes isolated from frog retina. Neurochem Res 20: 915–922. , .
- 1993. Overexpression of β-arrestin and β-adrenergic receptor kinase augment desensitization of β2-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem 268: 3201–3208. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Preparative centrifugation: A practical approach. New York: Oxford University Press. p 372. .
- 1989. Thermodynamics of agonist and antagonist interaction with the strychnine-sensitive glycine receptor. J Neurochem 52: 1775–1780. , , , , , .
- 1991. Phosphorylation of the 48-kDa subunit of the glycine receptor by protein kinase C. J Biol Chem 266: 559–566. , , , .
- 1981. Identification of strychnine binding sites in the rat retina. J Neurochem 36: 1597–1600. , .
- 1995. Modulation of hippocampal glycine receptor channels by protein kinase C. Neuroreport 6: 301–304. , .
- 1983. Methods of enzymatic analysis. Weinheim: Verlag Chemie. p 216–227. , .
- 1975. Enzyme kinetics. New York: Wiley. p 353–371. .
- 1990. Modulation of glycine receptor chloride channels by cAMP-dependent protein kinase in spinal trigeminal neurons. Nature 348: 242–245. , .
- 1999. Regulation of ligand-gated ion channels by protein phosphorylation. Adv Second Messenger Phosphoprotein Res 33: 49–78. , , , .
- 1998. Role of cytoplasmic tail of the Type 1A angiotensin II receptor in agonist- and phorbol ester-induced desensitization. Circ Res 82: 523–531. , , , , .
- 1997. Differential intracellular regulation of cortical GABAA and spinal glycine receptors in cultured neurons. Brain Res 769: 203–210. , , .
- 2010. Functional modulation of GABAB receptors by protein kinases and receptor trafficking. Adv Pharmacol 58: 113–122. , , .
- 1994. Modulation of inhibitory glycine receptors by phosphorylation by protein kinase C and cAMP-dependent protein kinase. J Biol Chem 269: 2002–2008. , , , .
- 2009. Glycinergic transmission in the mammalian retina. Front Mol Neurosci 2: 1–12. , , , , , , .
- 2006. Regulation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by tyrosine kinases in the peripheral and central nervous system: Same players, different roles. Cell Mol Life Sci 63: 2818–2828. , .
- 2007. Dynamic regulation, desensitization, and cross-talk in discrete subcellular microdomains during β2-adrenoceptor and prostanoid receptor cAMP signaling. J Biol Chem 282: 34235–34249. , , , , , .
- 1996. Protein kinase C-mediated enhancement of glycine response in rat sacral dorsal commissural neurones by serotonin. J Physiol 496: 491–501. , , .
- 1973. Strychnine binding associated with glycine receptor of the central nervous system. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 70: 2832–2836. , .
- 2010. Melatonin potentiates glycine currents through a PLC/PKC signaling pathway in rat retinal ganglion cells. J Physiol 588: 2605–2619. , , , , .