Peter Fensham is an Emeritus Professor of Monash University and Adjunct Professor at QUT. He is best known for his paper Science for All in 1985 and his subsequent efforts to make that vision a reality.
Article first published online: 30 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Special Issue: Special Issue on Globalization in Science Education
Volume 48, Issue 6, pages 698–709, August 2011
How to Cite
Fensham, P. J. (2011), Globalization of science education: Comment and a commentary. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 48: 698–709. doi: 10.1002/tea.20426
NARST gave him its Distinguished Researcher Award in 1998.
His work overseas in developed and developing countries was recognized by ICASE through its Distinguished Service Award. He was an adviser for the OECD's PISA project from 1998 to 2008, In 2008 he prepared for UNESCO a report involving the policy implications of eleven developments in science education.
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 30 JUN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 27 MAY 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!