A previous version of this paper was presented at the 85th Annual NARST International Conference in Indianapolis, IN, March 2012.
Engaging in argument and communicating information: A case study of english language learners and their science teacher in an urban high school
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 31–64, January 2014
How to Cite
Swanson, L. H., Bianchini, J. A. and Lee, J. S. (2014), Engaging in argument and communicating information: A case study of english language learners and their science teacher in an urban high school. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 51: 31–64. doi: 10.1002/tea.21124
- Issue published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- You have free access to this content1
- 2Elementary Teachers’ Perception of Language Issues in Science Classrooms, International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 2015,,