Terri Patchen and Dennis W. Smithenry contributed equally to this study.
Diversifying instruction and shifting authority: A cultural historical activity theory (CHAT) analysis of classroom participant structures
Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Volume 51, Issue 5, pages 606–634, May 2014
How to Cite
Patchen, T. and Smithenry, D. W. (2014), Diversifying instruction and shifting authority: A cultural historical activity theory (CHAT) analysis of classroom participant structures. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 51: 606–634. doi: 10.1002/tea.21140
- Issue online: 8 APR 2014
- Version of Record online: 22 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Received: 2 APR 2012
- Spencer Foundation. Grant Number: 20060087
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!