This publication was prepared pursuant to a contract with the National Institute of Education, United States Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. Contractors undertaking such projects under Government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their judgment in professional and technical matters. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent National Institute of Education position or policy.
The psychology of school subjects: A premature obituary†
Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1974 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 319–339, December 1974
How to Cite
Shulman, L. S. (1974), The psychology of school subjects: A premature obituary. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 11: 319–339. doi: 10.1002/tea.3660110405
This paper was prepared while the author was on leave as Visiting Scholar, School of Education, Stanford University, and was presented in plenary session at the 1974 Annual Meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching at Chicago, Illinois.
- Issue online: 18 AUG 2006
- Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!