Comments and Criticism
The Karplus Islands puzzle, volume with metal cylinders, and other problems
Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1977 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Volume 14, Issue 4, pages 361–369, July 1977
How to Cite
Phillips, D. G. (1977), The Karplus Islands puzzle, volume with metal cylinders, and other problems. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 14: 361–369. doi: 10.1002/tea.3660140416
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
- The factor structure of formal operations. British Journal of Education Psychology, 1971, 41, 70–79.
- Introduction to logic (4th ed.). New York: Macmillan, 1972.
- Introduction to analysis of variance procedures. New York: MSS Information Corp., 1973.
- Scales and statistics. Review of Educational Research, 1975, 15 (1) 43–57.
- The growth of logical thinking from childhood to adolescence. New York: Basic Books, 1958. , &
- The developmental theory of Piaget: Conservation. san Francisco: Davidson Films, 1969. , &
- Piaget's developmental theory: Formal thought, San Francisco: Davidson Films, 1971. , &
- The factor structure of some Piagetian tasks Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 1976, 13 (5), 461–466. , &
- Relationship of science subject matter and developmental levels of learners. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 1975, 12 (4), 347–358. , &
- A quantitative analysis of responses to Piagetian tasks and its implications for curriculum. Science Education, 1974, 58 (4), 545–559. , &
- Abilities underlying the understanding of proportionality. Mathematics Teaching, 1966, 37, 5–9. , &
- Some aspects of a study of the gifted child. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 1967, 37, 201–208. , &
- The child's conception of geometry, New York: Basic Books, 1960. , , &