Comments and Criticism
Reporting practical and statistical significance in science teaching research
Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1980 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 269–274, May 1980
How to Cite
Baumgart, N. and Low, B. (1980), Reporting practical and statistical significance in science teaching research. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 17: 269–274. doi: 10.1002/tea.3660170312
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 OCT 1979
- The test of significance in psychological research. Psychological Bulletin, 1966, 66, 423–437.
- Sampling characteristics of Kelley's e1 and Hays' ϵ2. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 1975, 35, 541–554. , &
- Evaluation research in education. New York: Irvingion, 1976. , &
- Measures of association in comparative experiments: Their development and interpretation. American Educational Research Journal, 1969, 6, 403–414. , &
- Generalized rules for calculating the magnitude of an effect in factorial and repeated measures ANOVA designs. American Educational Research Journal, 1972, 9, 301–310. , &
- Statistics for psychologists. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1963.
- The control of “error” in educational experimentation. School Review, 1966, 74, 150–158.
- Facts and fantasies in education. In M. C.Wittrock (Ed.), Changing education: Alternatives from educational research. Engtewood Cliffs. N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1973.
- Beyond tests of significance: Estimating strength of effects in selected ANOVA designs. Psychological Bulletin, 1969, 72, 204–213. , &