Understanding models and their use in science: Conceptions of middle and high school students and experts
Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
Copyright © 1991 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
Journal of Research in Science Teaching
Special Issue: Students' Models and Epistemologies
Volume 28, Issue 9, pages 799–822, November 1991
How to Cite
Grosslight, L., Unger, C., Jay, E. and Smith, C. L. (1991), Understanding models and their use in science: Conceptions of middle and high school students and experts. J. Res. Sci. Teach., 28: 799–822. doi: 10.1002/tea.3660280907
- Issue published online: 18 AUG 2006
- Article first published online: 18 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 JUN 1991
- McDonnell Foundation. Grant Number: #87-38
- Office of Educational Research and Improvement. Grant Number: #OERI 400-83-0041
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!