Special Issue Review Paper / Special Issue on Energy Saving Technologies on Electric Railways in Japan
Energy Saving Technologies for Railway Traction Motors
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Special Issue: Special Issue on Energy Saving Technologies on Electric Railways in Japan
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 278–284, May 2010
How to Cite
Matsuoka, K. and Kondo, M. (2010), Energy Saving Technologies for Railway Traction Motors. IEEJ Trans Elec Electron Eng, 5: 278–284. doi: 10.1002/tee.20530
- Issue online: 20 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 4 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 30 AUG 2009
- (2)Rotor design for high efficiency induction motors for railway vehicle traction, ICEMS 2009, 2009., , .
- (5)International Electro-technical Commission. IEC 60404-8-4 magnetic materials –Part 8-4: specifications for individual materials –cold-rolled non-oriented electrical steel sheet and strip delivered in the fully processed state, 1998.
- (6)Japanese Standard Association. JIS C 2552:2000 non-oriented magnetic steel sheet and strip, 2000.
- (7)Development of traction motor for gauge change train. IEEJ Transactions on Industrial Application 2001; 121-D(5): 569–576 (in Japanese).., ., ., .
- (8)Energy-saving effect of high efficient traction motors in electric train. RTRI REPORT 2009; 23(11): 29–34 (in Japanese)..
- (9)Trial production of the lightweight and high power traction motor by means of high performance magnetic material, 1995 National Convention Record of IEE Japan (in Japanese), 1995., , , .
- (11)Totally-enclosed self-cooled traction motor for series 3300 EMU of Nagoya railways. 44th Symposium on Railway Cybernetics, No. 510 (in Japanese), 2007., , , , , .
- (12)Examination for practical application of 190 kW totally-enclosed fan-cooled induction traction motor. R&M, Vol 15, No. 8, 12–15 (in Japanese), 2007., .
- (14)Totally enclosed permanent magnet synchronous motor for commuter trains. Quarterly Report of RTRI, Vol. 46, No. 2, 2005., , .
- (15)Development of totally enclosed permanent magnet synchronous motor. Quarterly Report of RTRI, Vol 49, No. 1, 16–19, 2008., , .
- (16)Development of totally-enclosed permanent magnet synchronous motor for narrow-gage train, 2007 National Convention Rec. of IEE Japan, 212–213 (in Japanese), 2007., , , .
- (17)Development of a high efficiency traction system, J-RAIL2005, 469–472 (in Japanese), 2006., , , .
- (18)Development of wheel mounted direct drive traction motor system for rail vehicle. IEEJ Transactions on Industrial Application 2001; 121-D(11): 1176–1184 (in Japanese)., , , .
- (19)Progress of traction motor for rail vehicle—from DC motor to induction motor, and to permanent magnet synchronous motor, Papers of Technical Meeting on Rotating Machinery, IEE Japan, RM-05-138 (in Japanese), 2005., , .
- (20)Development of direct drive traction motor system for next generation commuter train. 6th Transportation and Logistics Conf. 1997, No. 97-13, 197–200 (in Japanese), 1997., , , , , , , .
- (21)Development of direct drive traction system, 38th Symposium on Railway Cybernetics, No. 535 (in Japanese), 2001., , , , , .
- (22)Traction motors aiming energy saving and reduced maintenance. Toshiba Review 2003; 58(9): 14–17 (in Japanese)..
- (23)Development of permanent magnet synchronous motor system for high speed train over 400 km/h speed. 14th Transportation and Logistics Conf. 2005, No. 05–52, 91–92 (in Japanese), 2005., , , , .
- (24)Running performances of high-speed Shinkansen trains. 7th World Congress on Railway Research, T22.214.171.124, 2006., , , .
- (25)Technological trend and contribution of power electronics technologies of traction systems of Shinkansen high-speed EMUs. Proceedings of the 2007 IEEJ Ind. Appl. Society Conf. No. III, 95–100 (in Japanese), 2007., .
- (26)Promotion of energy saving for the Shinkansen rolling stock. Japan Railway Engineering 2009; (163): 4–7., , .