Special Issue Review Paper / Special Issue on Energy Saving Technologies on Electric Railways in Japan
Application of Energy Storage Technologies for Electric Railway Vehicles—Examples with Hybrid Electric Railway Vehicles
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Special Issue: Special Issue on Energy Saving Technologies on Electric Railways in Japan
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 304–311, May 2010
How to Cite
Ogasa, M. (2010), Application of Energy Storage Technologies for Electric Railway Vehicles—Examples with Hybrid Electric Railway Vehicles. IEEJ Trans Elec Electron Eng, 5: 304–311. doi: 10.1002/tee.20534
- Issue online: 20 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 12 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Received: 18 OCT 2009
- (1)Energy saving and environmental measures in railway technologies. IEEJ Transactions 2008; 3: 15–20..
- (2)Development and running test results of a contact-wire-less tramcar using lithium ion rechargeable battery. IEEJ Research Paper on Transportation and Electric Railway 2004; 04(51): 29–34 (in Japanese)., , .
- (3)Alstom. APS wire-free system. http://www.transport.alstom.com/home/elibrary/technical/environnement/_files/file_31288_29589.pdf, 2004.
- (4)Bombardier. First catenary-free and contact-less operating tram. http://www.bombardier.com/en/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/, 2009.
- (5)Energy storage in board of DC fed railway vehicles. PESC Conference Proceedings 2004; 1: 666–671., .
- (6)Alstom Full-tram project. http://www.hydrogentrain.dk/Files/System/Hydrogen_train/Filer/6_Jean-Paul_Moskowitz.pdf, 2006..
- (7)Some tendencies among others in electric traction. http://jeea2009.polytech-lille.net/presentation/debruyne.pdf, 2009, EEA Lille 12-3-09 (in French)..
- (8)Alstom-future trends in railway transportation. Japan Railway and Transport Review 2005; 42: 4–9.
- (9)Development of energy storage system for DC electric rolling stock applying electric double layer capacitor. WCRR 2006; IP3(7): 1–7., , , , , .
- (10)Power electronics technologies for a lithium ion battery tram. PCC Nagoya 2007; LS5-5-2: 1369–1375., .
- (11)Hybrid railway electric vehicle. Electrical Review, Temporary Special Issue, 2008; ISSN0285-5860: 54–60 (in Japanese)..
- (12)Running test results of low floor battery-powered LRV, SWIMO-X. J-Rail 2008; 129-S4: 491–494 (in Japanese)., , , .
- (13)Saft. NHP module, technical bulletin, module characteristics of NHP 10–340, 2005.
- (14)Siemens. Siemens' energy storage system reduces emissions by up to 80 metric tons per year and enables trams to operate without an overhead contact line. Siemens AG, press release material, 2009.
- (15)RATP. Alstom: The Paris Transport Authority and Alstoms' experiment the STEEM project, for a tram again more saving and autonomous. http://www.ratp.fr/common/ressources/1360.pdf, 2009; (in French).
- (16)JR East. Developing battery driven e.m.u. system. http://www.jreast.co.jp/press/2009/20091005.pdf, 2009; (in Japanese).