Special Issue Review Paper / Special Issue on Energy Saving Technologies on Electric Railways in Japan
Energy Saving Techniques for the Power Feeding Network of Electric Railways
Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
IEEJ Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Special Issue: Special Issue on Energy Saving Technologies on Electric Railways in Japan
Volume 5, Issue 3, pages 312–316, May 2010
How to Cite
Takagi, R. (2010), Energy Saving Techniques for the Power Feeding Network of Electric Railways. IEEJ Trans Elec Electron Eng, 5: 312–316. doi: 10.1002/tee.20535
- Issue online: 20 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 20 APR 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 7 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 6 NOV 2009
- (1)Electric Railway Engineering Handbook (in Japanese). Corona Publishing Co., Ltd.: Japan; 2007; 503.
- (2)Comparison of various methods of electric brake torque expansion in high-speed range for electric vehicle (in Japanese). 2001 IEE-Japan Annual Convention, 5–251, 2001., , , .
- (3)Wayside and on-board STORAGE can capture more regenerated energy. Railway Gazette International 2007; 163(7): 423–426..
- (4)A study of PWM substation real-time control for the improvements in the utilisation of capacity of power installations at substations. Proceedings of RTS 2007 (The 3rd International Conference on Railway Traction Systems), 2007; 1–5., , .
- (5)Application of energy storage systems for DC electric railways. Proceedings of COMPRAIL 2008 (The 11th International Conference on Computer System Design and Operation in the Railway and Other Transit Systems), 2008..
- (6)Re-designing of the power feeding systems for the improvement of DC electric railways. STECH 09 (The International Symposium on Speed-up, Safety and Service Technology for Railway and Maglev Systems), Session B-2, 2009..
- (7)Evaluation of the energy-saving effects of the introduction of superconducting cables in the power supply network for DC electric railways (in Japanese). JIASC 2009 (2009 Annual Conference of IEE of Japan, Industry Application Society), R3-1-9, 2009., .
- (8)Increasing supply voltage of existing DC electric railways (in Japanese). IEE-Japan Technical Report, (II) 295, 1989.
- (9)Transport and energy (in Japanese). IEE-Japan Technical Report, 597, 1996; Section 4.7, 52–56.
- (10)Ibid. Section 4.5.2, 44–48.
- (11)The current status and future perspectives of power feeding systems with regenerative braking trains (in Japanese). IEE-Japan Technical Report, (II) 296, 1989; Section 4.5, 48–59.
- (12)Ibid. Chapter 3, 18–35.
- (13)Development of intelligently integrated system combining DC railway power feeding and train control systems (in Japanese). Ph.D. thesis, University of Tokyo, 1995..
- (14)The current status and future perspectives of power feeding systems with regenerative braking trains (in Japanese). IEE-Japan Technical Report, (II) 296, 1989; Section 4.2, 37–45.
- (15)Energy storage system for DC electrified railway using EDLC. Quarterly Report of RTRI 2004; 45(2): 53–58., , .
- (16)Power compensator using lithium-ion battery for DC railway and its simulation by EMTP. IEEE 63rd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 2006-Spring), Vol. 6, 2006; 3021–3025., , , , , , .
- (17)A long-term endurance test for onboard energy storage system using EDLC (in Japanese). 15th Joint Railway Technology Symposium (J-Rail 2008), 155-S3, 2008., , .
- (18)Transport and energy (in Japanese). IEE-Japan Technical Report, 597, 1996; Section 4.7.2(2), 55–56.
- (19)Development of roof-delta connected transformers for Shinkansen (in Japanese). JREA 2008; 51(12): 8–11., .
- (20)Railway static power conditioner in sectioning post. STECH 09 (The International Symposium on Speed-up, Safety and Service Technology for Railway and Maglev Systems), Session B-2, 2009., , .
- (21)RTSS—a DC railway power feeding system simulation program (in Japanese). Proceedings of the 12th Simulation Technology Conference, Session 4-3, 1993; 121–124., .
- (22)On the introduction of PWM converter-fed substations to an existing DC electric railway with conventional diode rectifier-fed substations (in Japanese). 2007 IEE-Japan Annual Convention, 5–149, 2007., , , , , .
- (23)Suppression of voltage fluctuation in a DC electric railways by introducing the wayside energy storage systems (in Japanese). 2009 IEE-Japan Annual Convention, 5–069, 2009., , .
- (24)The status of the development of superconducting cables for power transmission (in Japanese). Superconductivity Web 21 Japanese Edition, March 2006, International Superconductivity Technology Center (http://www.istec.or.jp/Web21/PDF/Past-pdf/J-pdf/03_06_all.pdf)..
- (25)NEDO Technology Roadmap 2009: superconductivity region (in Japanese). New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (http://www.nedo.go.jp/roadmap/2009/ene2.pdf).