Motor function recovery during peripheral nerve multiple regeneration
Article first published online: 10 DEC 2013
Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
How to Cite
An, S., Zhang, P., Peng, J., Deng, L., Wang, Z., Wang, Z., Wang, Y., Yin, X., Kou, Y., Ha, N. and Jiang, B. (2013), Motor function recovery during peripheral nerve multiple regeneration. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. doi: 10.1002/term.1833
- Article first published online: 10 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 SEP 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 19 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 8 JAN 2013
- 2012; Specificity of peripheral nerve regeneration: interactions at the axon level. Prog Neurobiol 98: 16–37. , , .
- 2001; Terminolateral neurorrhaphy: review of experimental and clinical studies. J Reconstr Microsurg 17: 99–108. .
- 2003, Genetic evidence that relative synaptic efficacy biases the outcome of synaptic competition. Nature 424: 430–434. , , et al.
- 2003; Unlike myofibers, neuromuscular junctions remain stable during prolonged muscle unloading. J Neurol Sci 210: 5–10. , , et al.
- 2006; Increased and decreased activity elicits specific morphological adaptations of the neuromuscular junction. Neuroscience 137: 1277–1283. , , .
- 2010; Remodeling of the neuromuscular junction precedes sarcopenia related alterations in myofibers. Exp Gerontol 45: 389–393. , , et al.
- 2006, End-to-side (terminolateral) nerve regeneration a challenge for neuroscientists coming from an intriguing nerve repair concept. Brain Res Rev 52: 381–388. , , .
- 1994; Reinnervation by axon collaterals from single facial motoneurons to multiple muscle targets following axotomy in the adult guinea pig. Acta Anat (Basel) 151: 124–30. , .
- 2007; Maximum number of collaterals developed by one axon during peripheral nerve regeneration and the influence of that number on reinnervation effects. Eur Neurol 58: 12–20. , , et al.
- 1964; A direct-coloring thiocholine method for cholinesterases. J Histochem Cytochem 12: 219–221. ,
- 2003; The role of neuronal identity in synaptic competition. Nature 424: 426–30. , .
- 2001; Asynchronous synapse elimination in neonatal motor units: studies using GFP transgenic mice. Neuron 31: 381–394. , , et al.
- 1999; Motor and sensory reinnervation in the hand after an end-to-side median to ulnar nerve coaptation in the forearm. Br J Plast Surg 52: 404–407.
- 2007; Transgenic strategies for combinatorial expression of fluorescent proteins in the nervous system. Nature 450: 56–62. , , et al.
- 2002; New surgical option for radial nerve paralysis. Plast Reconstr Surg 110: 836–843. , , .
- 1994; Trophism, tropism, and specificity in nerve regeneration. J Reconstr Microsurg 10: 345–354. , , et al.
- 2002; Juvenile and adult rat neuromuscular junctions: density, distribution, and morphology. Muscle Nerve 26: 804–809. , , et al.
- 2007; Reinnervation of the tibialis anterior following sciatic nerve crush injury a confocal microscopic study in transgenic mice. Exp Neurol 207: 64–74. , , et al.
- 2008; The impact of motor and sensory nerve architecture on nerve regeneration. Exp Neurol 212: 370–376. , , et al.
- 1972; A study of degeneration and regeneration in the divided rat sciatic nerve based on electron microscopy. IV. Changes in fascicular microtopography, perineurium and endoneurial fibroblasts. Z Zellforsch Mikrosk Anat 124: 165–203. , , .
- 2004; Effects of motor versus sensory nerve grafts on peripheral nerve regeneration. Exp Neurol 190: 347–355. , , et al.
- 2000; Ultrastructure of early axonal regeneration in an end-to-side neurorrhaphy model. J Reconstr Microsurg 16: 313–323. , .
- 2005; Peripheral pathways regulate motoneuron collateral dynamics. J Neurosci 25: 9406–9412. , , et al.
- 2007; Nerve transfers for adult traumatic brachial plexus palsy (brachial plexus nerve transfer). HSS J 3: 77–82. , .
- 1992; Microanatomy and number of nerve fibres of the lower intercostal nerves with respect to a nerve anastomosis. Donor nerve analysis. I. (IV). Electromyogr Clin Neurophysiol 32: 171–85. , , .
- 2008; Isometric tetanic force measurement method of the tibialis anterior in the rat. Microsurgery 28: 452–457. , , et al.
- 2011; Intrinsic and therapeutic factors determining the recovery of motor function after peripheral nerve transection. Ann Anat 193: 286–303. , , et al.
- 2009; Amplification effects in nerve regeneration after different segment injury: experiment with rabbit median nerve. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89: 1645–1649 (in Chinese). , , et al.
- 2011, Outcome measures of peripheral nerve regeneration. Ann Anat 193: 321–333. , , et al.
- 2011; Can ‘dor to dor + rec neurorrhaphy’ by biodegradable chitin conduit be a new method for peripheral nerve injury? Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 39: 110–115. , , et al.