The influence of the RGD peptide motif and its contextual presentation in PEG gels on human mesenchymal stem cell viability
Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Journal of Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
Volume 2, Issue 5, pages 296–304, July 2008
How to Cite
Salinas, C. N. and Anseth, K. S. (2008), The influence of the RGD peptide motif and its contextual presentation in PEG gels on human mesenchymal stem cell viability. J Tissue Eng Regen Med, 2: 296–304. doi: 10.1002/term.95
- Issue online: 24 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 APR 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 10 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 8 JAN 2008
- National Institutes of Health, USA
- Program for Graduate Assistantship in Areas of National Need, USA
- 1992; Immobilized Arg–Gly–Asp (RGD) peptides of varying lengths as structural probes of the platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor. Blood 79: 117–128. , , .
- 2005; The effect on osteoblast function of colocalized RGD and PHSRN epitopes on PEG surfaces. Biomaterials 26: 5209–5220. , .
- 2002; Photoencapsulation of osteoblasts in injectable RGD-modified PEG hydrogels for bone tissue engineering. Biomaterials 23: 4315–4323. , .
- 2000; Cellular interactions and signaling in cartilage development. Osteoarthrit Cartilage 8: 309–334. , .
- 1994; Polymer networks with grafted cell adhesion peptides for highly biospecific cell adhesive substrates. Anal Biochem 222: 380–388. , .
- 1998; Incorporation of adhesion peptides into nonadhesive hydrogels useful for tissue resurfacing. J Biomed Mater Res 39: 266–276. , .
- 2003; RGD modified polymers: biomaterials for stimulated cell adhesion and beyond. Biomaterials 24: 4385–4415. , , .
- 2000; Synthesis of poly(ethylene glycol)-tethered poly(propylene fumarate) and its modification with GRGD peptide. Polymer 41: 7595–7604. , , .
- 1997; Fibronectin–integrin interactions. Front Biosci 2: d126–146. , , , et al.
- 2000; Cell adhesion and motility depend on nanoscale RGD clustering. J Cell Sci 113(10): 1677–1686. , , , et al.
- 2005; Synthetic hydrogel niches that promote hMSC viability. Matrix Biol 24: 208–218. , , .
- 1984; Cell attachment activity of fibronectin can be duplicated by small synthetic fragments of the molecule. Nature 309: 30–33. , .
- 1971; Fluorescence reation for amino acids. Anal Chem 43: 880–882. .
- 1987; New perspectives in cell adhesion: RGD and integrins. Science 238: 491–497. , .
- 1994; The α5β integrin in tumor suppression. Bull Inst Pasteur 92: 242–247. , , .
- 2007; Chondrogenic differentiation potential of human mesenchymal stem cells photoencapsulated within poly(ethylene glycol)–arginine–glycine–aspartic acid–serine thiol–methacrylate mixed-mode networks. Tissue Eng 13: 1025–1034. , , , et al.
- 2004; Attachment and spreading of fibroblasts on an RGD peptide-modified injectable hyaluronan hydrogel. J Biomed Mater Res A 68: 365–375. , , , et al.
- 2001; Apoptosis of adherent cells by recruitment of caspase-8 to unligated integrins. J Cell Biol 155: 459–470. , , , et al.
- 2003; RGD-grafted poly-L-lysine-graft–(polyethylene glycol) copolymers block non-specific protein adsorption while promoting cell adhesion. Biotechnol Bioeng 82: 784–790. , , .