The power of inquiry as a way of learning in undergraduate education at a large research university
Article first published online: 14 MAR 2012
Copyright © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc., A Wiley Company
New Directions for Teaching and Learning
Special Issue: Inquiry-Guided Learning
Volume 2012, Issue 129, pages 81–91, Spring 2012
How to Cite
Fowler, D. A., Matthews, P. R., Schielack, J. F., Webb, R. C. and Wu, X. B. (2012), The power of inquiry as a way of learning in undergraduate education at a large research university. New Directions for Teaching and Learning, 2012: 81–91. doi: 10.1002/tl.20009
- Issue published online: 14 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 14 MAR 2012
- Five High-Impact Practices: Research on Learning Outcomes, Completion, and Quality. Washington, D.C.: Association of American Colleges and Universities, 2010. , and .
- High-Impact Educational Practices: What They Are, Who Has Access to Them, and Why They Matter. Washington, D.C.: Association of American Colleges and Universities, 2008.
- Teaching and Learning Through Inquiry: A Guidebook for Institutions and Instructors. Sterling, Va.: Stylus, 2004. , ed.
- Adaptation and Development of ITS Learning Ecology Participants.” In J. Schielack and S. Knight (eds.), An Information Technology-based Learning Ecology Model to Promote Science Education Leadership, forthcoming. , and . “
- National Advisory Board. National Survey of Student Engagement. Bloomington: Center for Postsecondary Research, Indiana University, 2005. Retrieved February 15, 2011, from http://nsse.iub.edu/pdf/NSSE2005_annual_report.pdf.
- IT-Supported Authentic Inquiry in Undergraduate Science and Engineering Education.” American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting, Section ED-53A, San Francisco, December 5–9, Eos, Transactions, American Geophysical Union, 2005, 86(52), Fall Meet. Suppl., Abstract ED53A-0334. , , , and . “