Silica-carrying particulate matter enhances Bjerkandera adusta-induced murine lung eosinophilia
Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2014
© 2014 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 31, Issue 1, pages 93–105, January 2016
How to Cite
He, M., Ichinose, T., Liu, B., Song, Y., Yoshida, Y., Kobayashi, F., Maki, T., Yoshida, S., Nishikawa, M., Takano, H. and Sun, G. (2016), Silica-carrying particulate matter enhances Bjerkandera adusta-induced murine lung eosinophilia. Environ. Toxicol., 31: 93–105. doi: 10.1002/tox.22025
- Issue online: 12 DEC 2015
- Version of Record online: 21 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 22 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 6 FEB 2014
- Global Environment Research Fund of the Ministry of the Environment, Japan. Grant Number: C-1155
- 1994. Immunological aspects of allergic asthma. Annu Rev Immunol 12:295–335. , , .
- 1991. Eosinophils, T-lymphocytes, mast cells, neutrophils, and macrophages in bronchial biopsy specimens from atopic subjects with asthma: Comparison with biopsy specimens from atopic subjects without asthma and normal control subjects and relationship to bronchial hyperresponsiveness. J Allergy Clin Immunol 88:661–674. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1980. Long-range atmospheric transport of soil dust from Asia to the tropical north pacific: Temporal variability. Science 209:1522–1524. , , , , .
- 2008. Fungal recognition by TLR2 and dectin-1. Handb Exp Pharmacol 183:87–109. , .
- 2002. Transforming growth factor-beta in T-cell biology. Nat Rev Immunol 2:46–53. , .
- 2010. Airborne Asian sand dust enhances murine lung eosinophilia. Inhal Toxicol 22:1012–1025. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2013. Induction of immune tolerance and reduction of aggravated lung eosinophilia by co-exposure to Asian sand dust and ovalbumin for 14 weeks in mice. Allerg Asthma Clin Immunol 9:19–28. , , , , , , .
- 2011. Antibody responses in furunculosis patients vaccinated with autologous formalin-killed Staphylococcus aureus. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 30:707–717. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Differences in airway-inflammation development by house dust mite and diesel exhaust inhalation among mouse strains. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 187:29–37. , , , , , , .
- 2008a. The effects of microbial materials adhered to Asian sand dust on allergic lung inflammation. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 55:348–357. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008b. Effects of asian sand dust, Arizona sand dust, amorphous silica and aluminum oxide on allergic inflammation in the murine lung. Inhal Toxicol 20:685–694. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. The roles of IL-17A in inflammatory immune responses and host defense against pathogens. Immunol Rev 226:57–79. , , , .
- Toyama Asian Desert Dust, Asthma Study Team. 2010. Desert dust exposure is associated with increased risk of asthma hospitalization in children. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:1475–1481. , , , , , ;
- 2005. Resolution of airway inflammation and hyperreactivity after in vivo transfer of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells is interleukin 10 dependent. J Exp Med 202:1539–1547. , , , .
- 2003. Th1/Th2 balance: The hypothesis, its limitations, and implications for health and disease. Altern Med Rev 8:223–246. .
- 2001. Transport SO2 and aerosol over the Yellow Sea. Atmos Environ 35:727–737. , , .
- 1992. Effect of acute and chronic antigen inhalation on airway morphology and responsiveness in actively sensitized rats. Am Rev Respir Dis 145:1306–1310. , , .
- 2010. Direct samplings, separated culture, and identifications of kosa bioaerosols over Noto Peninsula, Suzu City (Japanese). Earozoru Kenkyu 25:23–28. , , , , , , , , .
- 2010. Thymocytes are activated by toluene inhalation through the transcription factors NF-κB, STAT5 and NF-AT. J Appl Toxicol 7:656–660. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Phylogenetic diversity and vertical distribution of a halobacterial community in the atmosphere of an Asian dust (KOSA) source region, Dunhuang City. Air Qual Atmos Health 1:81–89. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2013. Analysis of airborne-bacterial compositions using 16S rDNA clone library technique. Bunseki Kagaku 62:1095–1104 (in Japanese). , , , , , .
- 1994. Essential involvement of interleukin-8 in neutrophil recruitment in rabbits with acute experimental arthritis induced by lipopolysaccharide and interleukin-1. Lymphokine Cytokine Res 13:113–116. .
- 1989. TH1 and TH2 cells: Different patterns of lymphokine secretion lead to different functional properties. Annu Rev Immunol 7:145–173. , .
- 2009. Is Bjerkandera adusta important to fungus-associated chronic cough (FACC) as an allergen? Eight cases' report. J Asthma 46:849–855. , , , .
- 2011. Sensitization to Bjerkandera adusta enhances severity of cough symptom in patients with fungus-associated chronic cough (FACC). Med Mycol J 52:205–212. , , , , .
- 1994. Differential effects of interleukin-12 on the development of naive mouse CD4+ T cells. Eur J Immunol 24:343–347. , , , .
- 2008. Mycobacterium abscessus activates the macrophage innate immune response via a physical and functional interaction between TLR2 and dectin-1. Cell Microbiol 10:1608–1621. , , , , , , , , .
- 2008. Regulation of mucous cell metaplasia in bronchial asthma. Curr Mol Med 8:408–415. .
- 2009. Asian dust transported one full circuit around the globe. Nat Geosci 2:557–560. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2011. Correlation between Asian dust storms and worsening asthma in western Japan. Allergol Int 60:267–275. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2007. Microbial pathogen-induced necrotic cell death mediated by the inflammasome components CIAS1/cryopyrin/NLRP3 and ASC. Cell Host Microbe 2:147–159. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1993. Tumor necrosis factor-alpha blockade prevents neutrophil CD18 receptor upregulation and attenuates acute lung injury in porcine sepsis without inhibition of neutrophil oxygen radical generation. J Clin Invest 91:1459–1468. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Inter- and intra-individual variation of endotoxin- and beta (1 –> 3)-glucan-induced cytokine responses in a whole blood assay. Toxicol Ind Health 18:15–27. , , , , .
- 2007. IL-10-producing type 1 regulatory T cells and allergy. Cell Mol Immunol 4:269–275. , , , .
- 2004. Interleukin 1 activates STAT3/nuclear factor-kappa B cross-talk via a unique TRAF6- and p65-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem 279:1768–1776. , , , , , , .